This Keto BBQ Chicken Casserole is perfect for busy weeknights! Loaded with all your favorite BBQ flavors, plenty of cheese, and crunchy cabbage we can just about guarantee it will become one of your favorites.
We love a good casserole and this super easy Keto BBQ Chicken Casserole does not disappoint! Packed with shredded chicken, cheese, slaw mix, bacon, and BBQ sauce, it’s as easy as it is perfect.
Short on time? Use a rotisserie chicken!
Most of the time we have shredded chicken on hand for easy meals throughout the week but on days when we don’t and are short on time, we love to take the easy route and use a rotisserie chicken. Just be sure to remove the skin before shredding.
Are you the type to meal prep at the beginning of the week? If so, these casseroles are perfect for you! You can assemble the casseroles 1-2 days ahead of time then finish baking on the day you’re going to serve it. Or, you can assemble and bake at the beginning of the week and portion out servings into meal-prep containers for an easy grab-and-go option.
What size skillet + Other pan options
We used a 10.25″ skillet, we also love this dual handle cast-iron casserole skillet. If you want to go the classic casserole dish route, just use a classic 9×13 baking dish.
Keto BBQ Sauce Options
Keto BBQ Chicken Casserole
- 1 ½ lbs cooked shredded chicken breast
- 8.5 ounces sugar-free bbq sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 2 ½ cups coleslaw mix or shredded cabbage
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese grated
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (218°C).
- Place the chicken in a 10” (25-cm) or larger cast-iron skillet. Pour the BBQ sauce over the chicken then sprinkle over the garlic salt and red onion.
- Mix half of the Monterey Jack and the Cheddar cheese into the chicken. Top with the coleslaw mix then top with the remaining cheeses and crumbled bacon.
- Transfer to the oven to bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly. Serve immediately