This Keto Jalapeño Popper Casserole with Chicken is a fantastic low-carb meal option that’s made in one single skillet making it as easy as it is delicious!
This Keto Jalapeño Popper Casserole with Chicken is every keto person’s dream on a plate, um, in a skillet! It’s super easy to make, perfect for picky eaters (even one’s who don’t like spice if you remove the ribs + seeds from the jalapeños), and great for leftovers!
Read on below for helpful tips + tricks, and ways to even take it up another notch before skipping straight to the recipe below. Also, don’t forget to give your star rating on the recipe and tag us @castiron_keto on Instagram if you make this recipe!
Oh! And we obviously love the jalapeño popper theme, check out our Jalapeño Popper Stuffed Mushrooms with Bacon, Stuffed Zucchini Boats with Jalapeño Popper Chicken, Keto Jalapeño Popper Meatloaf with Bacon, and our Jalapeno Popper Chicken.
Want more cheese in this Keto Jalapeño Popper Casserole?
Ok, here us out. This recipe is 💣 as is but if you want to take it to an insane level of cheesy deliciousness, try stuffing the jalapeño halves with a cream cheese, garlic salt, green onion mixture before you top it with the cheddar cheese and bacon. Thank us later 😉 Just remember that you also need vegetables so load up on a huge leafy green salad while you’re at it 😉
SHORT ON TIME? USE A ROTISSERIE CHICKEN!
Most of the time we have shredded chicken on hand for easy meals throughout the week but on days when we don’t and are short on time, we love to take the easy route and use a rotisserie chicken. Just be sure to remove the skin before shredding.
Are you the type to meal prep at the beginning of the week? If so, these casseroles are perfect for you! You can assemble the casseroles 1-2 days ahead of time then finish baking on the day you’re going to serve it. Or, you can assemble and bake at the beginning of the week and portion out servings into meal-prep containers for an easy grab-and-go option.
WHAT SIZE SKILLET + OTHER PAN OPTIONS
We used a 10.25″ skillet, we also love this dual handle cast-iron casserole skillet. If you want to go the classic casserole dish route, just use a classic 9×13 baking dish.
More Keto Casserole Recipes this way ↓
- BBQ Chicken Casserole
- Italian Sub Sandwich Casserole
- Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole
- Cheeseburger Casserole Skillet
- Buffalo Chicken Casserole
- Chicken Pizza Casserole
- Cheesy Keto Broccoli Casserole with Bacon (Low Carb + EASY)
Keto Jalapeño Popper Casserole with Chicken
- 1 ½ lbs cooked shredded chicken breast
- 4 green onions chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 5 jalapeno peppers halved (ribs removed if you like less spice)
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- Place the chicken in the bottom of a 10” or larger cast iron skillet. Top with green onions.
- Combine the garlic salt, onion powder, paprika, cream cheese, heavy cream, and chicken bone broth in a small bowl. Mix until combined.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the chicken then top with the slices of jalapeno. Sprinkle the cheddar cheese over the top then top with the crumbled bacon.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 15 minutes until the cheese is bubbly. Serve immediately.