Hi.

Cast Iron Keto is a resource for folks who want to live their best life through low-carb, high-fat recipes that fuel epic adventures. Our recipes are stupidly simple, tasty, and maybe the best part - easy to clean up.  LEARN MORE >

Garlic Butter Mushrooms

Garlic Butter Mushrooms

Garlic Butter Mushrooms_-6.jpg

Back in February I ran a quick poll on Facebook, to see what you guys wanted to see more of… Main Dishes, Desserts, or Side Dishes… Side Dishes were clearly, almost overwhelmingly, the most requested.  So I present to you this amazingly delicious, oh so nutritious, side dish filled with buttery garlic goodness; Keto Garlic Butter Mushrooms.

Garlic Butter Mushrooms_.jpg

In my version of keto I strive to eat whole nutrient dense foods, and limit processed foods (and even the processed foods I eat from time to time are still made with natural ingredients, free from artificial colors and preservative.  Personally, I use the 80-20 rule, meaning my diet is made up of at least 80% whole foods, and the remaining 20% is reserved for processed foods or treats. I would love to sit back and tell you I eat 100% organic whole foods that I grew from a garden and picked myself, but that’s just not realistic (for me).  So I do the best I can, I make an effort to choose nutrient dense whole foods when possible and not stress out or beat myself up if I choose a less healthy option that still fits my macros. Sometimes I think it is just as important to fuel the soul as it is your body.

I love wild mushrooms and whenever I’m at the grocery store with mushrooms on the list I always look for something unusual or fun sounding instead of just plain white button mushrooms.  The variety of different earthy flavors and the plethora of nutrients makes this fantastic side dish a little different every single time I make it. But that’s what makes it such a great accompaniment to the rest of your meal.  

Garlic Butter Mushrooms_-3.jpg

To read more about the numerous health benefits of mushrooms and why you should always eat them cooked check out the links below:

Supermarket Mushrooms Dangerous to Eat Raw? - Alliance for Natural Health

11 Interesting Mushroom Benefits - OrganicFacts.net

7 Surprising Health Benefits of Mushrooms - Mother Nature Network

Garlic Butter Mushrooms_-5.jpg

Yield: 2

Garlic Butter Mushrooms

These keto garlic butter mushrooms are everything an easy side dish should be… delicious, nutritious, and simple. It’s the perfect keto-friendly side dish to make your dinner a complete meal.

prep time: 5 minscook time: 10 minstotal time: 15 mins

ingredients:

  • 2 tablespoons oil (avocado or coconut works good here)
  • 12 oz wild mushrooms 
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tablespoon herbs, minced
  • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
  • Salt and pepper, to taste

instructions

1. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.2. Add mushrooms to skillet and cook for 5-7 minutes until softened and starting to crisp on the outsides.3. Stir in garlic, butter, and herbs continuing to cook for another 3-4 minutes4. Season with salt and pepper to your taste and serve.

calories

253

fat (grams)

25.9

net carbs

3.5

protein (grams)

3.4
Created using The Recipes Generator

 *Info listed is per serving and an estimate. We use  PaleoTrack.com  and the  Keto Diet App   to calculate macronutrient content.  **1.9g fiber + 3.5g net carbs = 5.4g total carbs per serving

*Info listed is per serving and an estimate. We use PaleoTrack.com and the Keto Diet App  to calculate macronutrient content.

**1.9g fiber + 3.5g net carbs = 5.4g total carbs per serving

Cast Iron Steaks

Cast Iron Steaks

Keto Cola Chocolate Cake

Keto Cola Chocolate Cake

0