Get ready to dive into our delicious Keto Bruschetta Chicken! We've taken the beloved Italian classic and given it a healthy, low-carb twist to make your tastebuds sing. Imagine tender chicken breasts seasoned to perfection, topped with melty mozzarella and a fresh bruschetta mix. Already drooling? That's totally normal!
Preparation and cooking overview
This low-carb bruschetta chicken recipe is as simple as it gets. All you have to do is season and sauté chicken breasts. Then, top them off with gooey mozzarella and a homemade bruschetta mix. In just 25 minutes, you get a delicious Italian dish on your dining table.
This recipe suggests seasoning the chicken as you cook, but for extra flavor, you can marinate it too. Just mix the chicken with some oil and Italian seasoning, and then put it in a covered container in the fridge until you're ready to cook. Letting it sit for 30 minutes to an hour should do the job. Feel free to add more spices to taste. If you want a little kick, you can throw in some red chili flakes or black pepper powder.
🥗 Ingredients for this keto bruschetta chicken recipe
You can add extra veggies, spices, and toppings of your choice to this chicken bruschetta recipe for an enhanced flavor profile.
Cooking tools required
To make this Keto Chicken Bruschetta recipe
Tools substitute options
How to make Keto Bruschetta Chicken: step-by-step guide
- Gather and measure your ingredients.
- Check your chicken fillet cuts, and if needed, use a meat pounder or the back of a wide knife to pound them to an even 1" thickness.
- Take your fresh mozzarella cheese and slice it into 4 even pieces.
- Wash your vegetables. Then, dice your tomatoes and chop the red onion.
- Mince the garlic cloves and fresh basil.
- Ready large cast-iron skillet and cooking spatula for cooking.
- In a medium bowl, combine the bruschetta ingredients with salt and pepper. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Season the chicken with salt and Italian seasoning.
- Heat the oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat.
- Cook the filets for 6-7 minutes per side until browned and cooked.
- Top each chicken breast with the mozzarella and cover, allowing the cheese to melt before plating.
- Top with bruschetta mixture and serve.
Chef's pro tip
Don't overcook the chicken. The aim is to get chicken breasts that are tender and juicy. To make sure you get it just right, take a second to check the thickness before you start cooking. This easy step helps everything cook evenly and keeps the chicken from drying out.
What to serve with bruschetta chicken?
When it comes to serving this delicious chicken with Bruschetta, the possibilities are endless! This flavorful dish pairs well with a variety of sides and accompaniments that complement its vibrant Italian flavors. Whether you're looking for light and refreshing options or heartier choices, there are plenty of dishes that pair well with it. Let's explore some options:
How to make it healthier
At CIK, all our keto chicken recipes are created keeping in mind a healthy ketogenic lifestyle. We understand how careful one has to be while on a keto diet, so we take extreme measures to provide you with the best. When it comes to this recipe, it's a very good choice for a healthy chicken dinner or lunch. You can also make the following changes to keep yourself on track:
What can I prepare ahead of time?
Storage and reheating instructions
This Keto Bruschetta Chicken is best enjoyed fresh. But if you do have leftovers, here's how to store them:
Reheating best practices
When you're ready to enjoy your leftovers, here's how to reheat it:
Note: For all methods, add the bruschetta topping and a slice of mozzarella in the last minute or two of heating.
Recipe wrap-up and conclusion
This Keto Bruschetta Chicken Recipe is a simple way to prepare a quick Italian-inspired weeknight dinner or a weekend meal. With a few simple ingredients, sizzles, and drizzles, you can embrace a keto-friendly fare without losing an ounce of deliciousness. It's perfect for a low-carb lifestyle!
But most importantly, crafting this meal is fun. Whether you're a keto veteran or a curious newcomer, you can nail this recipe. So why worry? Grab that apron, and let's get some chicken sizzling!
Frequently asked questions
Easy Bruschetta Chicken
- 2 (8-ounce) chicken breasts, pounded to an even 1"thickness
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese sliced into 4 pieces
- 2 medium tomatoes diced
- 2 small cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl combine the diced tomatoes, garlic, red onion, basil, olive oil, vinegar, and salt and pepper. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Season the chicken with the salt and Italian seasoning. Heat the oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat.
- Cook the chicken for about 6-7 minutes per side until browned and cooked through.
- Top each chicken breast with the mozzarella and cover allowing the cheese to slightly melt before plating. Top with bruschetta mixture and serve.