These Cauliflower Walnut Taco Cups are loaded with flavor because they utilize seasoned walnuts and tender cauliflower as the filling. Topped with spicy jalapeños, pico de gallo, and avocado this is a meatless Monday meal that the whole family will enjoy.
These Cauliflower Walnut Taco Cups were originally featured in our cookbook but we thought it deserved a permanent place on the website.
If you have our cookbook, have you tried this recipe out of the Meatless Monday chapter? If not, we hope you do, even if you're more omnivore than plant-based. Why? Because they are simply delicious!
The combination of the crumbled walnuts, tender cauliflower, and smoky chipotle peppers in adobo sauce create a filling that, while it resembles ground beef, is much more layered in flavors.
The toppings are completely up to you, these are just our go-to's. Some type of creamy sauce would be delicious too. Maybe a bit of dairy-free (or regular) sour cream mixed with a bit of extra chipotle in adobo? Yes, that sounds just perfect. Enjoy!
Cauliflower Walnut Taco Cups
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 8 small butter lettuce or cabbage leaves
- ½ cup pico de gallo
- 2 avocados thinly sliced
- 1 large jalapeño thinly sliced
- ¼ cup minced cilantro
- Place all of the ingredients (except for the oil) for the vegan taco “meat” in a food processor and pulse until it resembles ground beef.
- Heat the oil in a large 10.5” skillet over medium heat. Once hot add the mixture to the skillet and cook for 5-7 minutes until the cauliflower is soft.
- Divide the walnut mixture between the cabbage cups and top with pico de gallo, avocado, jalapeño, and cilantro. Serve immediately.