This Easy Keto Funnel Cake will bring back memories of country fairs and childhood. This tasty low-carb dessert is just a few minutes and some hot oil away!
Yes, you read that right... KETO FUNNEL CAKES!!! Who here grew up going to county fairs??? Funnel cakes scream fair to us. Doused in powdered sugar these crispy strings of fried dough were absolute perfection.
We've ketofied the classic to be low-carb and easy to make. All in all, this took us about 10 minutes to whip up so if you have a well-stocked keto pantry we bet you already have these ingredients on hand!
These gluten-free and sugar-free funnel cakes have zero almond flour making them nut-free. They're perfect for a ketogenic diet! They're crispy on the outside and fluffy in the middle.
Ingredients in Keto Funnel Cakes:
- baking powder
- whey protein isolate
- coconut flour
- vanilla extract
- xanthan gum
- coconut oil
- powdered erythritol
Here's the step by step explanation of how to make this keto funnel cake recipe:
You'll start by mixing all of the dry ingredients in a bowl, add in the wet and mix until smooth.
Heat the oil in a dutch oven until it reaches 350°, a candy thermometer comes in handy here. Otherwise, you'll know when the oil is ready when it shimmers across the top. To test it further, drop a small bit of batter into the oil - it should fry immediately.
Pour the batter into a piping bag or a plastic bag (Ziploc!) and cut off the tip so that it's about a ½" diameter.
Slowly drizzle the batter into the hot oil in a circular motion, fry 1-2 minutes per side until golden brown. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain the excess oil.
Shake some powdered "sugar" on top and dig in!
Feel free to serve it up with a homemade caramel or chocolate sauce as well, now that would be delicious!
What is the nutritional information for this recipe?
As always, you can find the full nutritional breakdown including the carb count (total carbs and net carbs) at the bottom of the recipe card. You can find the serving size/yield at the top of the recipe card. You should always double-check your specific ingredients as different brand's ingredients may have different values.
Keto Funnel Cake
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup unsalted butter melted
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 scoop 23.3g whey protein isolate
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups coconut oil for frying
- Powdered erythritol for serving
- Heat the oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat until it reaches 350° F.
- In a medium bowl whisk together all of the ingredients until smooth. Transfer to a piping bag fitted with a large ½” tip.
- Slowly add the batter to the oil in a circular pattern. Fry until golden, about 3 minutes per side.
- Remove and place on a paper towel-lined plate to drain excess oil. Sprinkle with powdered erythritol and serve.