These Keto Strawberry Chocolate Chip Scones are a delicious post-workout breakfast or snack! Packed with healthy fats and quality protein to fuel your day!
These Keto Strawberry Chocolate Chip Scones are packed with protein from Biochem’s Whey Protein Isolate + Joint. That’s right, you can leave that blender bottle at home. Have a scone as a post-workout snack instead (it’s a wonderful world isn’t it?). Not only is this a delicious source of protein, but it also includes 3 types of collagen to support joint comfort, flexibility and mobility.
Is Collagen Good for Joint Pain?
Adding in collagen and a quality protein source is key when trying to alleviate any joint abnormality. It’s not the fix, but it is a tool you can use among others to facilitate healing. Biochem’s Whey Protein Isolate + Joint combines Type I & III collagen, and Type II collagen from clinically studied UC-II cartilage to support joint comfort, flexibility, and mobility.
It’s also important to us for our protein to be sourced from high-quality protein. Biochem fits that bill being sourced from grass-fed cows, they’re also non-GMO!
We personally loved the strawberries in this recipe, they added a depth of flavor that we weren't really expecting. Plus strawberries, like all berries, are fairly low on the glycemic index. Which makes them a great fast-absorbing carb source to fuel your workout(s).
Keto Strawberry Chocolate Chip Scones
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup Biochem’s Whey Protein Isolate + Joint
- ¼ cup granulated Swerve
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup sugar-free chocolate chips
- ¼ cup dehydrated strawberry pieces
- Preheat oven to 350° F and grease a 10.5” cast iron skillet.
- In a large bowl mix together the dry ingredients, in a small bowl whisk together the wet ingredients. Fold the wet into the dry and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Knead the dough into a round circle and place in the skillet. Cut into 8 pieces and move them slightly apart.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool on a cooling rack then store at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Sounds wonderful. Could you just bake these on a cookie sheet?
Alex Lester says
can the whey protein be eliminated?....
I unfortunately don't have this specific Whey Protein Isolate and much of another brand to use up before another purchase. Given this has added collagen would you recommend using part whey powder and part collagen powder or some other option? Thank you!