These Keto Strawberry Chocolate Chip Scones are a delicious post-workout breakfast or snack! Packed with healthy fats and quality protein to fuel your day!
These Keto Strawberry Chocolate Chip Scones are packed with protein from Biochem’s Whey Protein Isolate + Joint. That’s right, you can leave that blender bottle at home. Have a scone as a post-workout snack instead (it’s a wonderful world isn’t it?). Not only is this a delicious source of protein, but it also includes 3 types of collagen to support joint comfort, flexibility and mobility.
Is Collagen Good for Joint Pain?
Adding in collagen and a quality protein source is key when trying to alleviate any joint abnormality. It’s not the fix, but it is a tool you can use among others to facilitate healing. Biochem’s Whey Protein Isolate + Joint combines Type I & III collagen, and Type II collagen from clinically studied UC-II cartilage to support joint comfort, flexibility, and mobility.
It’s also important to us for our protein to be sourced from high-quality protein. Biochem fits that bill being sourced from grass-fed cows, they’re also non-GMO!
We personally loved the strawberries in this recipe, they added a depth of flavor that we weren't really expecting. Plus strawberries, like all berries, are fairly low on the glycemic index. Which makes them a great fast-absorbing carb source to fuel your workout(s).
Keto Strawberry Chocolate Chip Scones
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup Biochem’s Whey Protein Isolate + Joint
- ¼ cup granulated Swerve
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup sugar-free chocolate chips
- ¼ cup dehydrated strawberry pieces
- Preheat oven to 350° F and grease a 10.5” cast iron skillet.
- In a large bowl mix together the dry ingredients, in a small bowl whisk together the wet ingredients. Fold the wet into the dry and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Knead the dough into a round circle and place in the skillet. Cut into 8 pieces and move them slightly apart.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool on a cooling rack then store at room temperature for up to 5 days.