This Keto Skillet Market Pizza is a fantastic way to celebrate summer’s produce.
This post is sponsored by DeLallo Foods, we appreciate our partners who make keto recipes like this possible!
Even before my wife and I began full-time travelers* our Saturday morning tradition was to visit the local farmer’s market. Now that we are on the road we’ve had the opportunity to visit so many places and immerse ourselves in the local culture. One of the best ways we’ve found to do that is to keep our Saturday morning tradition alive and check out the local farmer’s market. The best we’ve come across in our first year of travel has been Portland Oregon, but Austin Texas is a close second (So far).
*I always de-emphasize the word “full” when I tell people we are full-time travelers, and my reasons are twofold. Reason 1: If someone overhears the conversation I want them to think I’m from the future. Reason 2: Realistically it’s the closest I’ll ever get to being able to call myself a time traveler unless we have a major scientific breakthrough (I’m looking at you Elon Musk)…
Anyway, whenever we go to the farmer’s market we are always on the lookout for fresh veggies and fun/interesting products. That’s where this pizza comes in, it’s the perfect vessel to combine some of my favorite summertime produce. This particular version uses zucchini and cherry tomatoes, but some of my past favorites have included heirloom tomatoes, spinach, and bell peppers. Shopping from the farmer’s market is a great way to support the local economy, enjoy seasonal produce that’s typically leaps and bounds fresher than anything you’d find in a grocery store and just walking past the stands can inspire some absolutely delicious impromptu meals.
In this recipe I used DeLallo’s Simply Pesto as the sauce and It couldn’t have turned out any better. I’ve always loved using olive oil as a base for pizza instead of the traditional red sauce, but this pesto blew both options out of the water. It’s perfectly fatty, cheesy, and the occasional crunch from a pine nut make it my new favorite pizza companion. I even found myself dipping the crust in the jar after almost all the pizza was gone.
Be sure to check out DeLallo’s website on where to find their products near you.
Have you made this recipe? Comment below and tag us (@castiron_keto + @DeLalloFoods) with a snapshot of your creation on Instagram!
Keto Skillet Market Pizza
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces burrata cheese
- 2.5 ounces prosciutto
- 1 small zucchini cut into rounds
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup DeLallo’s Simply Pesto
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- Red pepper flakes optional
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Place the mozzarella and cream cheese in a medium bowl, microwave 1 1/2 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Add in the eggs and mix quickly, add in the spices and coconut flour and mix until a ball forms. Knead the dough a few times then press into a 10.5″ skillet. Using a fork poke a few holes in the middle of the crust.
- Bake the crust at 425° for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and top with toppings. Return to oven and cook 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the prosciutto is crispy. Top with red pepper flakes and serve.