Who said you can't indulge in pizza while on a keto diet? Our Keto Pizza Pull-Apart Rolls recipe is here to bring the beloved Italian flavors right to your low-carb table. Imagine biting into tender, cheesy pizza rolls loaded with mini pepperoni, fresh out of your own oven. Yes, you're about to embark on a delightful culinary journey where the comforting goodness of pizza meets the magic of keto!
These Keto Pizza Pull-Apart Rolls are a great low-carb appetizer or fun snack using Cast Iron Keto's famous Keto Rolls as the base!
We've taken the essence of a classic pizza – the gooey cheese, the spicy pepperoni, and the tangy marinara – and wrapped it all up in a warm, fluffy keto dinner roll. This recipe is your golden ticket to enjoying a guilt-free pizza experience without straying from your keto goals. So put on your chef's hat, and get ready to create some Italian magic, keto-style!
- Preparation and cooking overview
- Chef's note
- 🍕 Ingredients for this keto pizza pull-apart rolls recipe
- Ingredient substitutions
- Additional ingredients
- Cooking tools required
- Tools substitute options
- How to make Keto Pizza Pull-Apart Rolls: step-by-step guide
- Cooking methods
- Preparation steps
- Cooking instructions
- How to make it healthier
- Time-saving tips
- What can I prepare ahead of time?
- Storage and reheating instructions
- Storage methods
- Reheating methods
- Recipe wrap-up and conclusion
- Frequently asked questions
- 📖 Recipe
Preparation and cooking overview
Whip up some keto magic with our Keto Pizza Pull-Apart Rolls recipe! It's as simple as preparing our fathead dough balls, layering them with gooey cheese and spicy pepperoni, and baking until they're beautifully golden and irresistible. From start to mouth-watering finish, you'll be pulling apart these heavenly pizza rolls in under an hour - it's a speedy trip to keto pizza paradise!
Unleash your inner artist while layering the cheese and pepperoni on these Keto Pizza Pull-Apart Rolls! Have fun and get creative with your arrangements – maybe even invite the kids to join in. And remember, while sticking to keto-friendly ingredients, don't be afraid to experiment with other pizza toppings that you love – mushrooms, bell peppers, spinach, olives, and fresh herbs!
🍕 Ingredients for this keto pizza pull-apart rolls recipe
Organize your ingredients as follows:
Don't have the exact ingredient listed above? Don't worry; you can use substitutes for the following elements:
Note: Make sure to use the same amount of substitute ingredients as the original ones to balance nutrients.
Note: Be mindful that adding new ingredients (even if keto-friendly) can cause the carb count to increase. So adjust the count accordingly and enjoy the enhanced flavors of the pull-apart keto pizza rolls.
Cooking tools required
To make this Keto Pizza Pull-Apart Rolls recipe, you'll need the following tools:
Tools substitute options
How to make Keto Pizza Pull-Apart Rolls: step-by-step guide
- Gather ingredients and tools: Ensure you have all the ingredients and tools before starting the cooking process.
- Measure ingredients: Measure all the ingredients with measuring cups and spoons to ensure the recipe turns out as intended.
- Prepare fathead dough balls: make one batch of keto dinner rolls, refrigerate them for 10 minutes, and put them in a butter-greased skillet.
- Preheat the oven: preheat the oven to 400°F
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Make the keto dinner rolls according to their instructions until the part where you put the raw dough into the skillet.
- Layer in the shredded cheese and pepperoni between and over the raw rolls once they are placed in the skillet.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes in the preheated oven, covering with foil around the 20-minute mark to prevent the tops from burning.
- Let cool for at least 15 minutes before serving.
- For the marinara, heat the oil in a small pot over medium heat, add in the spices, and saute for 30 seconds. Add the crushed tomatoes and cook for 2-3 minutes until hot.
Chef's pro tip
Make sure to keep your eagle eyes on those pizza bread rolls - we want them baked to perfection without any nasty singes! If you're not using a cast iron skillet, the heat might play a little game of hide and seek, potentially causing the bottom to get too toasty too fast. To outsmart this, go easy on the heat, keeping it medium-low. And hey, if you notice the top of your bread throwing a tan faster than the rest, cover it with aluminum foil and reduce the heat until it is cooked through.
How to make it healthier
What can I prepare ahead of time?
Storage and reheating instructions
Left with multiple pull-apart pizza rolls even after you had your fill? Well, you can easily store them for the next day's snack or meal.
You can bring the stored pull-apart keto pizza rolls back to life with the following simple steps:
Pro tip: Avoid microwaving the rolls too long as they may become too soggy and soft.
Recipe wrap-up and conclusion
Voila! Say hello to our irresistible Keto Pizza Pull-Apart Rolls, ready to hit your pizza cravings out of the park while keeping you safely in the keto zone. Packed with gooey cheese and tangy tomato sauce, you'll be so enamored with the flavors that you'll forget you're even eating low-carb!
But that's not all! This recipe is your creative playground. Swap out the pepperoni for your cherished pizza toppings, or add in some healthier twists. Before you know it, you'll have a pan of mouthwatering pull-apart keto pizza bread ready to wow your friends and family.
So, what's holding you back? Slip into that apron, and let's get this pizza party started. Follow our recipe to nail every step of the process. We're pretty sure you'll fall head over heels for this family-approved keto spin on pizza.
Frequently asked questions
Keto Pizza Pull-Apart Rolls
- 1 batch keto dinner rolls
- ½ cup mini pepperoni
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- ½ cup shredded cheddar
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Make the keto dinner rolls according to their instructions up until the part where you put the raw dough into the skillet.
- Layer in the shredded cheeses and pepperoni between and over the raw rolls once they are placed in the skillet.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, covering with foil around the 20-minute mark to prevent the tops from burning.
- Let cool at least 15 minutes before serving.
- For the marinara, heat the oil in a small pot over medium heat, add in the spices and saute for 30 seconds. Add in the crushed tomatoes and cook 2-3 minutes until hot.