This Keto Hot Italian Chicken Skillet is a delicious low-carb skillet dinner filled with tomatoes, olives, hot peppers, and cheese! Just 5 ingredients + a few pantry staples!
What's better than a 5-ingredient recipe?! In the past, we've done entire months of 5-ingredient recipes so we know a thing or two about creating big bold flavors with minimal ingredients. Enter this Keto Hot Italian Chicken Skillet!
Ingredients you'll need:
- banana peppers
- shredded mozzarella
Plus a few pantry staple ingredients like avocado oil, Italian seasoning, onion powder, and salt. That's it!
This skillet dinner reminds us of an Italian sub in such an awesome way. We ate this with a huge Italian salad and it was delish!
The marinade for the chicken is super simple and is just avocado oil, Italian seasoning, onion powder, and salt! It creates the juiciest chicken and makes sure that this skillet dinner is packed with Italian flavors. It's almost like a submarine dressing without vinegar.
Don't have mozzarella on hand? You can use provolone here too, even sliced instead of shredded. If you're dairy-free, we love Violife mozzarella!
A note on the nutritional information
As always, you can find the full nutritional breakdown including the carb count (total carbs and net carbs) at the bottom of the recipe card. You can find the serving size/yield at the top of the recipe card. You should always double-check your specific ingredients as different brands’ ingredients may have different nutritional values.
To get a specific serving size you’ll want to weigh the final dish then divide by the number of servings. We can’t provide this information as your cooking style will vary from ours as well as the brand ingredients you choose to use.
Keto Hot Italian Chicken Skillet
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb chicken breast cubed
- ½ cup banana pepper rings
- ¼ cup whole pitted black olives
- 1 large tomato quartered
- 1 cup shredded or mozzarella
- Preheat your oven broiler to high.
- In a small bowl, toss the avocado oil, Italian seasoning, onion powder, and salt with the cubed chicken. Let the chicken marinate for 10 minutes (you can marinate up to overnight if desired).
- Heat a 10” or larger cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Once hot add the chicken and oil mixture to the skillet. Cook, 7-8 minutes flipping the chicken occasionally until golden brown and cooked through.
- Add the banana pepper rings, black olives, and tomato to the skillet.
- Top with the shredded provolone and transfer to the oven for 5 minutes until the cheese is bubbly. Serve immediately.
Kimberly Sawickey says
OH thank you so much trying this one tomorrow night!! Love your recipes thank you so very much !!
How long do you recommend marinating the chicken? I didn't see that step in the recipe, but it's mentioned in the text. Maybe I overlooked it... 🙂
Cast Iron Keto says
Hi Susan, thanks for pointing that out! We have updated the recipe with the marinating instructions.
Made this tonight. My wife who is highly critical of new recipes gives it a thumbs up! I agree it was one that will go into my rotation. Did not change anything in the recipe!
We had this for dinner. My fiancé liked it so much, he said he was cooking it for breakfast. Thank you!