The Keto Hot Italian Chicken Skillet is a delicious low-carb skillet dinner made with just 5 simple ingredients + a few pantry staples! This easy recipe brings together the robust flavors of Italian cuisine and a touch of Mediterranean flair to your dining table, all while ensuring you are strong in your keto game. Yes, it has high protein, healthy fats, and low carbs, and it is perfect for your keto diet!
- Preparation and cooking overview
- Chef's note
- 🥘 Ingredients for this keto hot Italian chicken skillet recipe
- Ingredient substitutions
- Additional ingredients
- Cooking tools required
- Tools substitute options
- How to make Keto Hot Italian Chicken Skillet: step-by-step guide
- Cooking methods
- Preparation steps
- Cooking instructions
- How to make it healthier
- Time-saving tips
- What can I prepare ahead of time?
- Storage and reheating instructions
- Reheating best practices
- Recipe wrap-up and conclusion
- Frequently asked questions
- 📖 Recipe
Preparation and cooking overview
Making a keto Italian chicken skillet takes only 20 minutes. Saute your marinaded chicken cubes and broil them with the remaining ingredients and pantry staples for 5 minutes. The result will take you on a mindblowing journey you never knew was possible when on keto restrictions.
This quick Italian Chicken Skillet recipe is a cheap and quick solution for busy weeknights. You can make it more budget-friendly using chicken thighs instead of expensive meat options. Yeah, the bone-in or skin-on thighs would work great. But if you don't like bones, you can debone it yourself.
🥘 Ingredients for this keto hot Italian chicken skillet recipe
Our Chicken Italiano Skillet is a simple 5-ingredient dish, and while it's great as-is, if you're craving a little extra, here are some keto-friendly additions:
Cooking tools required
To make this Keto Hot Italian Chicken Skillet recipe, you'll need the following tools:
Tools substitute options
How to make Keto Hot Italian Chicken Skillet: step-by-step guide
- Gather all the ingredients: Ready the ingredients in the required amount so you don't run for last-minute grocery shopping.
- Prepare the ingredients: Cut the meat into cubes and slice the tomato and black olives.
- Preheat your oven broiler to high.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the cubed chicken, avocado oil, Italian seasoning, onion powder, and salt. Toss well to ensure that the fillets are evenly coated with the seasoning.
- Marinate for 10 minutes for the juiciest chicken. If you have time, let it sit for more time. The more, the better!
- Heat a 10" or larger cast-iron skillet over medium heat on the stovetop until it becomes hot.
- Once the skillet is hot, carefully pour the marinated fillets and oil mixture into the skillet. Cook for 7-8 minutes, flipping it occasionally, until it is golden brown and fully cooked through.
- Next, add the banana pepper rings, black olives, and quartered tomatoes to the skillet, distributing them evenly among the cooked chicken.
- Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella over the skillet, ensuring it covers the ingredients evenly.
- Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven. Broil for approximately 5 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove the skillet from the oven using oven mitts or heat-resistant gloves, as it will be hot.
- Serve the low-carb Italian chicken meal immediately, either directly from the skillet or by transferring it to serving plates.
Chef's pro tip
When preparing skillet meals, tender chicken breasts are the best option. They provide ample meat and are easier to cook. However, be mindful of the cooking time to prevent overcooking. Overcooked fillets can be dry and tough, compromising the tender and juicy texture of the meal. That's why we have to watch over the meat to avoid overcooking. Just cook the fillet until it is golden brown and feels firm yet moist.
Also, be cautious when broiling. The cheese can melt faster and burn quickly under high heat.
How to make it healthier
If you are running late for your work, you can use these tips to save time.
What can I prepare ahead of time?
Storage and reheating instructions
You can easily store these tantalizing delicacies once they have cooled down to room temperature. Here are the recommended storage methods:
Divide the leftovers into individual portions (meat and vegetables) before storing them. This will ease the reheating process.
Reheating best practices
Recipe wrap-up and conclusion
By and large, the KetoHot Italian Chicken Skillet is a must-try recipe for a keto regimen. Whether you are an Italian food lover or a keto follower, this 5-ingredient dinner will satisfy your taste buds.
The combination of chicken, tomatoes, banana peppers, olives, and shredded mozzarella in this creamy chicken recipe brings out an exceptional taste you can enjoy while being on a budget. It is nutritious, delicious, and prepared very quickly, so add some fun to your dinner, lunch, and party meals. Try this out and tell us about your experience in the comments. We can't wait to hear from you!
Frequently asked questions
Keto Hot Italian Chicken Skillet
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb chicken breast cubed
- ½ cup banana pepper rings
- ¼ cup whole pitted black olives
- 1 large tomato quartered
- 1 cup shredded or mozzarella
- Preheat your oven broiler to high.
- In a small bowl, toss the avocado oil, Italian seasoning, onion powder, and salt with the cubed chicken. Let the chicken marinate for 10 minutes (you can marinate up to overnight if desired).
- Heat a 10” or larger cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Once hot add the chicken and oil mixture to the skillet. Cook, 7-8 minutes flipping the chicken occasionally until golden brown and cooked through.
- Add the banana pepper rings, black olives, and tomato to the skillet.
- Top with the shredded provolone and transfer to the oven for 5 minutes until the cheese is bubbly. Serve immediately.