This Keto Hot Italian Chicken Skillet is a delicious low-carb skillet dinner filled with tomatoes, olives, hot peppers, and cheese! Just 5 ingredients + a few pantry staples!
What’s better than a 5-ingredient recipe?! In the past, we’ve done entire months of 5-ingredient recipes so we know a thing or two about creating big bold flavors with minimal ingredients. Enter this Keto Hot Italian Chicken Skillet!
- banana peppers
- shredded mozzarella
Plus a few pantry staple ingredients like avocado oil, Italian seasoning, onion powder, and salt. That’s it!
This skillet dinner reminds me of an Italian sub in such an awesome way. We ate this with a huge Italian salad and it was delish!
The marinade for the chicken is super simple and is just avocado oil, Italian seasoning, onion powder, and salt! It creates the juiciest chicken and makes sure that this skillet dinner is packed with Italian flavors. It’s almost like a submarine dressing without the vinegar.
Don’t have mozzarella on hand? You can use provolone here too, even sliced instead of shredded.
Keto Hot Italian Chicken Skillet
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb chicken breast cubed
- ½ cup banana pepper rings
- ¼ cup whole pitted black olives
- 1 large tomato quartered
- 1 cup shredded or mozzarella
- Preheat your oven broiler to high.
- In a small bowl, toss the avocado oil, Italian seasoning, onion powder, and salt with the cubed chicken. Let the chicken marinate for 10 minutes (you can marinate up to overnight if desired).
- Heat a 10” or larger cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Once hot add the chicken and oil mixture to the skillet. Cook, 7-8 minutes flipping the chicken occasionally until golden brown and cooked through.
- Add the banana pepper rings, black olives, and tomato to the skillet.
- Top with the shredded provolone and transfer to the oven for 5 minutes until the cheese is bubbly. Serve immediately.