Craving a carrot cake but sticking to your keto diet? Our Keto Carrot Cake recipe has got you covered. It's a low-carb, sugar-free option made with basic ingredients you probably have on hand.
Picture moist carrot-infused layers, a cozy blend of warm spices, and a creamy cream cheese frosting. This keto-friendly treat lets you enjoy the classic carrot cake without worrying about carbs.
The best part? You can have it anytime! Whether it's a special occasion, a late-night dessert craving, or just a regular day, our Keto Carrot Cake is here to make your taste buds happy and keep you on track with your keto journey.
- Preparation and cooking overview
- Chef's note
- 🥕 Ingredients for this keto carrot cake recipe
- For the icing
- Ingredient substitutions
- Additional ingredients
- Cooking tools required
- Tools substitute options
- How to make Keto Carrot Cake: step-by-step guide
- Cooking methods
- Preparation steps
- Cooking instructions
- How to make it healthier
- Time-saving tips
- What can I prepare ahead of time?
- Storage and reheating instructions
- Leftover Storage
- Leftover reheating methods
- Recipe wrap-up and conclusion
- Frequently asked questions
- 📖 Recipe
Preparation and cooking overview
Whipping up our Keto Carrot Cake is a breeze. Just grab two bowls—one for the dry ingredients and one for the wet ones. Combine them with care, making sure those grated carrots get evenly mixed in. Pop the batter into a greased baking pan, slide it into the oven, and let it work its magic until a toothpick comes out clean. The whole process takes around an hour and a half, giving you a moist and fluffy dessert that's ready to enjoy.
Choose fresh, organic carrots and premium almond flour to guarantee a tasty and healthier result. Remember that almond flour has a distinct texture compared to regular flour, so don't worry if the batter appears denser than you're accustomed to; it's part of the keto allure.
🥕 Ingredients for this keto carrot cake recipe
For the icing
Feeling adventurous? You can also add these tasty extras:
Note: Additional ingredients will also increase the carb count, so consume as per your ketogenic preference and calorie intake.
Cooking tools required
To make this Keto Carrot Cake recipe, you'll need the following tools:
Tools substitute options
If you don't have the exact tools mentioned earlier, don't worry! You can still create this recipe with these substitutes:
How to make Keto Carrot Cake: step-by-step guide
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Grease your cake pans or line them with parchment paper.
- Measure out all your wet and dry ingredients.
- Grate the carrots and chop the pecans.
- Mix the dry ingredients (almond flour, shredded coconut, powdered sweetener, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt) in a large bowl.
- Whisk the eggs, avocado oil, coconut milk, and vanilla extract in a separate bowl.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients, and fold in the shredded carrots and pecan pieces.
- Divide the carrot cake batter evenly between the prepared baking pans, and bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- While the cakes cool, prepare the icing by mixing cream cheese, powdered Swerve, heavy whipping cream, and coconut extract.
- Once completely cool, assemble by spreading icing between the cake layers and over the top, and sprinkle with pecan pieces.
Chef's pro tip
Need a quick baking fix? If you're short on time, try making mini cupcakes instead of a layered cake. Simply pour the batter into cupcake molds and reduce the baking time to 20-25 minutes. This way, you can enjoy bite-sized portions of this delicious carrot cake in no time. Perfect for satisfying your sweet cravings on the go or for a portion-controlled diet!
How to make it healthier
What can I prepare ahead of time?
Storage and reheating instructions
To keep your leftovers fresh and tasty, follow these storage tips:
Leftover reheating methods
To enjoy your leftovers at their best, follow these reheating tips:
Pro tip: Avoid microwaving, as this may cause the icing to melt and the texture to become uneven.
Recipe wrap-up and conclusion
Buckle up, folks! We're ending our culinary adventure with a slice of our absolutely irresistible Keto Carrot Cake. This isn't your ordinary carrot cake, no siree! Our recipe carries all the heartwarming, nostalgic flavors of your traditional carrot cake but with a low-carb, keto-friendly upgrade. Keeping our eyes on the keto prize, we're offering you a slice of heaven that fits right into your lifestyle.
Frequently asked questions
Keto Carrot Cake
- 2 ¾ cups almond flour
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 ¼ cups powdered Swerve
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 large eggs
- ½ cup avocado oil
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup pecan pieces
- 1 8oz block cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered Swerve
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- ½ cup pecan pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and grease a 10.5” cast iron skillet well or line the bottom with a piece of parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine all of the cake ingredients, mix until smooth. Pour the batter into the prepared skillet.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 60 minutes covering with foil at the 45-minute mark. Cool completely.
- For the frosting combine the cream cheese, swerve, and heavy whipping cream in a medium bowl and beat with a hand mixer on high until light and fluffy. Ice the cake then sprinkle with pecan pieces. Refrigerate until ready to serve.