These Keto Cheeseburger Stuffed Portobello Mushroom Caps are a great low-carb dinner option that the entire family will love!
There are few foods that are as crave-able as a nice juicy cheeseburger, and these Keto Cheeseburger Stuffed Portobello Mushroom Caps are the perfect way to get your burger fix without the high-carb bun. Plus you get all the added benefits of the nutrient-dense portobello!
Are Mushrooms Keto?
Absolutely! Mushrooms are a unique food group that can be incorporated into all kinds of meals. Some mushrooms offer more than just delicious flavor and are highly regarded for their nutritional and/or medicinal benefits.
If you love mushrooms, check out these other delicious and fun(gi) filled recipes:
- Jalapeño Popper Stuffed Mushrooms with Bacon
- Mediterranean Stuffed Mushrooms
- Garlic Butter Mushrooms
- Keto Hibachi Mushrooms
It is literally impossible for us to make this or any kind of burger recipe without quoting the scene from the reboot of the Pink Panther, where inspector Jacques Clouseau (played by Steve Martin) is trying to learn to speak with a more Americanized accent. It is a very satisfying phrase to half yell in your best/worst French accent, go ahead and try it…see wasn’t that fun?
Check out the following link to read more about all the amazing nutritional benefits of portobello mushrooms:
Keto Cheeseburger Stuffed Portobello Mushroom Caps
- 6 portobello caps
- 1 tablespoon oil of choice
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cups shredded cheddar
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ cup minced onion
- ¼ cup diced pickles
- ¼ cup diced tomato
- ½ cup shredded lettuce
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Remove the middle of the mushroom caps and use for another recipe. Toss the caps with the olive oil, set aside.
- Heat a 10.5” cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Add the bacon to the skillet and cook until crispy. Remove, chop, and set aside leaving the grease in the skillet.
- Add the ground beef to the skillet and cook until browned, about 7 minutes. Add the chopped bacon back to the skillet and mix to combine. Transfer the beef mixture to a bowl along with the shredded cheddar, garlic salt, onion, pickles, and tomato.
- Divide the mixture between the portobello caps, place the caps in the skillet and transfer to the oven for about 10 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Top with the lettuce and mustard before serving.
I plan to make these for dinner. I hope they are half as good as the laugh I had watching Steve Martin saying he would like to buy a hamburger. I have not stopped saying this since I watched it. Thanks for the recipe. I look forward to trying it.
Super delicious! The whole fam...even the picky 7 yr old loves this dish!!
Aaaahhhhhmazing! I followed the recipe exactly, just cut everything in 1/2 cause I only had 3 tops. Sooooo good!