These Keto Cheeseburger Stuffed Portobello Mushroom Caps are a great low-carb dinner option that the entire family will love!
There are few foods that are as cravable as a nice juicy cheeseburger, and these Keto Cheeseburger Stuffed Portobello Mushroom Caps are the perfect way to get your burger fix without the high carb bun. Plus you get all the added benefits of the nutrient-dense portobello like, lowering cancer risk, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, as well as being a great source of B vitamins, copper, selenium, and fiber.
Are Mushrooms Keto?
Absolutely! Mushrooms are a unique food group that can be incorporated into all kinds of meals. Some mushrooms offer more than just delicious flavor and are highly regarded for their nutritional and/or medicinal benefits.
If you love mushrooms, check out these other delicious and fun(gi) filled recipes:
- Jalapeño Popper Stuffed Mushrooms with Bacon
- Mediterranean Stuffed Mushrooms
- Garlic Butter Mushrooms
- Keto Hibachi Mushrooms
It is literally impossible for me to make this or any kind of burger recipe without quoting the scene from the reboot of the Pink Panther, where inspector Jacques Clouseau (played by Steve Martin) is trying to learn to speak with a more Americanized accent. I’m sure Lauren (and most likely our neighbors) must find it annoying. However it is a very satisfying phrase to half yell in your best/worst French accent, go ahead try it…see wasn’t that fun?
This is one of those recipes I make all the time for myself. It reminds me of a more nutritious version of the countless hamburger helper meals I made until I learned how to cook. If it hadn’t been for hamburger helper and my George Foreman grilled chicken breasts my diet would’ve limited to take-out, scrambled eggs, and chex mix. Thankfully I am much more confident in the kitchen nowadays and these Keto Cheeseburger Stuffed Portobello Mushroom Caps are simple, delicious, and hit the spot every time.
Check out the following links to read more about all the amazing nutritional benefits of portobello mushrooms:
- Portobello Mushroom Helps Combat Cancer, Inflammation & More – Dr. Axe
- 9 Surprising Health Benefits Of Portobello Mushrooms – Nifty Benefits
- Nutritional Value of Portobello Mushrooms – LiveStrong
Keto Cheeseburger Stuffed Portobello Mushroom Caps
- 6 portobello caps
- 1 tablespoon oil of choice
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cups shredded cheddar
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ cup minced onion
- ¼ cup diced pickles
- ¼ cup diced tomato
- ½ cup shredded lettuce
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Remove the middle of the mushroom caps and use for another recipe. Toss the caps with the olive oil, set aside.
- Heat a 10.5” cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Add the bacon to the skillet and cook until crispy. Remove, chop, and set aside leaving the grease in the skillet.
- Add the ground beef to the skillet and cook until browned, about 7 minutes. Add the chopped bacon back to the skillet and mix to combine. Transfer the beef mixture to a bowl along with the shredded cheddar, garlic salt, onion, pickles, and tomato.
- Divide the mixture between the portobello caps, place the caps in the skillet and transfer to the oven for about 10 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Top with the lettuce and mustard before serving.
Nutritional values are estimates only and do not include carbs from sugar alcohols.