This Keto BBQ Chicken Bake is an easy one-pan dinner with minimal ingredients and minimal clean-up. It’s a win-win!
This Keto BBQ Chicken Bake is a super easy weeknight meal that’s low-carb, gluten-free, and totally delicious enough to cure even the most ridiculous BBQ craving! If you’re really in the BBQ spirit, this BBQ chicken bake is really, really, delicious with our Keto “Potato” Salad!
You can eat this BBQ chicken bake as-is or serve it up on a bed of shredded cabbage or coleslaw, COLESLAW…how did I not think of that before now?! Yeah, coleslaw would be SO good with this.
How to make this Keto BBQ Chicken Bake
We start by baking some chicken breasts in a bottle of Keto-friendly BBQ sauce, we usually opt for Primal Kitchen but you can use whatever brand you like or even make your own.
After baking the chicken in the BBQ sauce, we top the chicken with cheese, red onion, green bell pepper, pickled jalapeños, and cilantro. The result is a saucy, cheesy, flavor explosion that will quickly become a weekly menu staple.
Keto BBQ Chicken Bake
- 1 8-oz bottle Keto-friendly BBQ sauce
- 1 ½ lbs chicken breasts
- 1 ½ cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- ½ red onion thinly sliced
- ½ green bell pepper diced
- ½ cup pickled jalapenos
- ¼ cup minced cilantro
- Preheat the oven the 375° F.
- Place the BBQ sauce in a 10" or larger cast iron skillet and arrange the chicken breasts in the sauce in a single layer. Spoon some of the sauce over the tops of the chicken to cover completely. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and turn over to broil. Top the chicken with the cheese, onion, bell pepper, and jalapeños. Return to the oven and broil for 5 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly.
- Top with cilantro before serving.