Say hello to our Keto Cuban Sliders—a fantastic keto-friendly reinvention of the classic Cuban sandwich designed to satisfy your hankering for something hearty and delectable. This recipe is as easy as pie to follow, and we're pretty sure you're going to fall head over heels for these cloud-like buns, zesty pork, savory deli ham, and melt-in-your-mouth Swiss cheese.
For all you sandwich aficionados out there, this slider is a keto-approved dream come true.
- Preparation and cooking overview
- Chef's note
- 🥪 Ingredients for this keto Cuban sliders recipe
- Ingredient substitutions
- Additional ingredients
- Cooking tools required
- Tools substitute options
- How to make Keto Cuban Sliders: step-by-step guide
- Cooking methods
- Preparation steps
- Cooking instructions
- How to make it healthier
- Time-saving tips
- What can I prepare ahead of time?
- Storage and reheating instructions
- Storage tips
- Reheating best practices
- Recipe wrap-up and conclusion
- Frequently asked questions
- 📖 Recipe
Preparation and cooking overview
Creating these scrumptious Keto Cuban Sliders is truly a joy, especially since we're going all in and making everything from scratch. Yes, it might take around an hour of your time, but trust us, the end result is absolutely worth every minute.
By adding delicious ham, pork, swiss cheese, crisp dill pickles, and onion to the fluffy, golden brown slider made from our popular Keto Dinner Rolls bread recipe, you can easily make multiple servings of these bite-sized sandwiches.
The Keto Cuban Sandwiches are a fantastic keto spin on a classic Cuban dish. The traditional recipe is made with Cuban bread, but we have a keto alternative to it which is low-carb and won't break your ketogenic diet. By using Keto Dinner Rolls you can easily replace the traditional bread and make these sliders anytime you need a fun sandwich.
If you are busy throughout the week, you can easily make them in big batches and freeze them during weekends. This way, you will readily have tasty grab-and-go options for busy days. And you won't ever have to compromise on taste.
🥪 Ingredients for this keto Cuban sliders recipe
If you need to replace some of the required ingredients, here's what you should opt for.
Cooking tools required
To make this Keto Cuban Sliders recipe, you'll need the following tools:
Tools substitute options
Having the right cooking tools at hand will have you zipping through the prep and baking process, guaranteeing a delicious final product. But don't worry if you don't have the exact tools, here are some handy substitutions you can use:
How to make Keto Cuban Sliders: step-by-step guide
- Gather all the required ingredients and cooking tools.
- Prepare the dough by mixing the dry ingredients for the slider roll and making them into balls.
- Preheat the oven to the specified temperature in the recipe.
- Prepare the Keto Rolls as per our recipe. Slice them horizontally into two layers.
- On the bottom layer, put the sandwich fillings — ham, Swiss cheese slices, pulled pork, yellow mustard, unsalted butter, and dill pickle slices.
- Cover the top of the rolls and place them in the preheated oven.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes until the cheese has melted and the sandwiches are heated.
- Remove from the oven and let the sliders cool slightly before serving.
Chef's pro tip
One common challenge when making this low-carb Cuban sandwich is perfecting the sliders. They are prone to burns and becoming too crispy or overly browned. This can affect the texture we want. So to prevent this, we must keep a close eye on and add enough moisture through the butter and mustard.
So, stick to the script, follow the instructions to the letter, and you'll be serving up a meal that's sure to get rave reviews at your table.
How to make it healthier
What can I prepare ahead of time?
Storage and reheating instructions
Reheating best practices
Recipe wrap-up and conclusion
Looking to wow your guests? These cheese-loaded sliders are your secret weapon. They're a home run for game-day nibbles, family shindigs, birthday snack spreads, or any gathering that calls for a delicious bite-sized treat that folks can pull apart. And the best part? They're totally in tune with your keto lifestyle!
Frequently asked questions
Keto Cuban Sliders
- 1 batch keto dinner rolls
- ½ lb swiss cheese
- ½ lb uncured deli ham
- ½ lb pulled pork
- 2 tablespoons minced white onion
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 large dill pickles sliced
- Make the Keto Dinner Rolls according to their instructions.
- Slice the rolls in half then layer on the swiss, ham, pulled pork, onion, butter, yellow mustard, and pickles. Top with the top half of bread.
- Return to oven for 10 minutes until cheese is melty and the sandwiched are hot.
These turned out sooo good BUT- the recipe says it makes 20-22 rolls. The recipe also says serves 12. Do I assume one serving is...? If one serving were 2 (of 12) rolls, then the total made should be 24 rolls. I ended up making exactly 20 rolls. I guess for now to play it safe, I’m calculating 1 roll out of 20 rolls = 1 serving. This math isn’t working out right based on the information provided.
Alex Lester says
It all depends on how large or small you roll the buns, so there is a little bit a leeway. If you rolled them out small enough to make 24, then you'd have exactly 24 rolls with 12 servings of 2, but they'd be too small for sliders. If you made 20 rolls you could either adjust the math for 10 servings of 2 rolls, or 12 servings of 1.67 rolls.
If you adjust to 10 servings of 2, the macros for the rolls would equal: 399 Calories / 19% Protein - 18 g / 77% Fat - 33 g / 4% Net Carbs - 4 g