This Strawberry Balsamic Tarragon Chicken is the perfect low-carb recipe for sweet summertime strawberries!
We love easy recipes over here at Cast Iron Keto, especially in the summer! This Strawberry Balsamic Tarragon Chicken is ready in just about 20 minutes and has only 3 ingredients if you don’t count the pantry staples like oil and spices. How awesome is that?!
Ingredients in Strawberry Balsamic Tarragon Chicken
- chicken cutlets (or breasts sliced in half)
- fresh strawberries
- fresh tarragon
- spices: sea salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and cinnamon
- avocado oil (or any other healthy oil like coconut, lard, tallow, schmaltz, algae, or olive oil)
- balsamic vinegar
Super easy and straightforward!
This meal doesn’t contain a lot of fat on its own so you’ll want to serve it up with a fatty side dish like our Keto Creamed Spinach or Keto Rolls. OR, if you’re anything like us sometimes you’re flush on fat and struggle to hit your protein goals. That’s where meals like this come in! Low carb but higher fat and moderate protein helping you hit those macro goals no matter how many fat bombs you’ve inhaled during the day 😛
Strawberry Balsamic Tarragon Chicken
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1.5 lb chicken cutlets
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1.5 cups fresh strawberries halved
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Season the chicken cutlets on each side with the salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and cinnamon.
- Heat the avocado oil in a 10" or larger cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the cutlets to the pan and cook for about 4 minutes per side or until golden brown and cooked through, transfer to a plate, and set aside.
- Add the strawberries to the skillet along with the tarragon. Pour in the vinegar and scrape up any bits from the bottom of the pan. Cook the strawberry mixture for about 5 minutes until it is soft. Spoon the mixture over the chicken and serve.