Get ready to tantalize your taste buds with this Strawberry Balsamic Tarragon Chicken recipe! This dish brings together juicy chicken, a sweet and tangy strawberry punch, and a dash of rich balsamic vinegar, all tied together with the aromatic charm of tarragon. It's a simple yet sophisticated meal that's sure to please!
- Preparation and cooking overview
- Chef's note
- 🍓 Ingredients for this strawberry balsamic tarragon chicken recipe
- Ingredient substitutions
- Additional ingredients
- Cooking tools required
- Tools substitute options
- How to make Strawberry Tarragon Chicken Recipe: step-by-step guide
- Cooking methods
- Preparation steps
- Cooking instructions
- How to make it healthier
- Time-saving tips
- What can I prepare ahead of time?
- Storage and reheating instructions
- Storage tips
- Reheating instructions
- Recipe wrap-up and conclusion
- Frequently asked questions
- 📖 Recipe
Preparation and cooking overview
We love easy recipes over here at Cast Iron Keto, especially in the summer! This Strawberry Balsamic Tarragon Chicken is ready in just about 20 minutes and has only 3 ingredients if you don't count the pantry staples like oil and spices. How awesome is that?!
When it comes to mastering this dish, the key lies in the balance of flavors. The sweetness of the strawberries and the acidity of the balsamic vinegar should complement, not overpower, the chicken. Also, fresh tarragon really brings out the best in this recipe. Its unique flavor adds an aromatic depth that dried tarragon just can't match.
For more inspiration check out our Chicken recipe.
🍓 Ingredients for this strawberry balsamic tarragon chicken recipe
Cooking tools required
To make this strawberry balsamic tarragon chicken recipe, you'll need the following tools:
Tools substitute options
How to make Strawberry Tarragon Chicken Recipe: step-by-step guide
- Make sure to have all the required ingredients and tools for cooking. If any of the items are missing, you can buy them as they are readily available in stores.
- Mix salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- First, the seasoning mix on both sides of the chicken cutlets.
- Place a 10-inch or larger cast-iron skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high. Add avocado oil to the skillet and let it heat up.
- When the oil is hot, carefully place the seasoned cutlets in the skillet. Cook them for about 4 minutes on each side or until they are golden brown and fully cooked.
- Once cooked, take the cutlets out of the skillet and put them on a plate. Set the plate aside for now.
- Now, put the strawberries and tarragon in the skillet. Add the balsamic vinegar, and use a spatula to loosen any bits stuck to the bottom of the pan.
- Cook the mixture for about 5 minutes or until they are soft.
- Finally, spoon the strawberry mixture over the cooked cutlets and serve.
Chef's pro tip
If you've got a little time on your hands, consider marinating the cutlets overnight. This extra step allows the seasonings to really seep into the meat, enhancing its juiciness and taste to a whole new level. However, let's not forget the golden rule of cooking cutlets - avoid overcooking at all costs. Keep a keen eye on the heat and the clock to ensure they're cooked just right. Happy cooking!
How to make it healthier
What can I prepare ahead of time?
Storage and reheating instructions
To store the leftovers, keep the chicken and the strawberry mix separate.
Recipe wrap-up and conclusion
So, in wrapping things up, we just adore this recipe not only for its drool-worthy flavor but also for its simplicity. It's proof that you don't need a million ingredients or fancy techniques to create something truly delicious. Whether you're a long-time foodie or a newbie in the kitchen, this recipe is a fantastic way to shake things up and try something new.
Frequently asked questions
Strawberry Balsamic Tarragon Chicken
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1.5 lb chicken cutlets
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1.5 cups fresh strawberries halved
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Season the chicken cutlets on each side with the salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and cinnamon.
- Heat the avocado oil in a 10" or larger cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the cutlets to the pan and cook for about 4 minutes per side or until golden brown and cooked through, transfer to a plate, and set aside.
- Add the strawberries to the skillet along with the tarragon. Pour in the vinegar and scrape up any bits from the bottom of the pan. Cook the strawberry mixture for about 5 minutes until it is soft. Spoon the mixture over the chicken and serve.