Are you craving the warmth and texture of freshly baked bread without compromising your ketogenic diet? Look no further than these Seeded Keto Rolls, an enticing and straightforward low-carb bread recipe. It is packed with sunflower seeds, almond flour, and a flaxseed meal; these delicious rolls will satiate your bread cravings for the keto lifestyle. These or perfect as a side to your favorite low-carb meal!
This Seeded Keto Rolls recipe is sponsored by our friends at Bob's Red Mill, thank you for supporting the brands that make CIK recipes EPIC!
Seeded bread was never a go-to for either of us, but we've grown to love that chewy texture. For this recipe, we're using sunflower seeds, Bob's Red Mill Hemp Seed Hearts, and their Organic Brown Flaxseed Meal as well. The result is an incredible flavor roll that not only is delicious but provides a nutritional punch as well.
The base of the rolls is obviously the same as the OG recipe, almond flour. We use Bob's Red Mill Superfine Almond Flour exclusively in our baking as it's light and doesn't make Keto baked goods dense like some coarser ground varieties.
Preparation and cooking overview
Kick off the process by creating a smooth, gooey paste from block-style cream cheese and shredded mozzarella cheese, then blend this with other ingredients. After chilling this mixture, roll it into 24 balls and place them in a buttered cast iron skillet. With a total prep time of around 30 minutes and a baking period of 20-25 minutes, you'll have fluffy, golden brown keto rolls ready to be served and savored in just under an hour!
If you are on a keto diet, you must be aware of the struggle to find tasty alternatives to carb-heavy foods like bread. With Seeded Keto Rolls, you can finally enjoy a delicious bread alternative that won't break your diet!
For more inspiration check out our Sides recipe.
🥯 Ingredients for this seeded keto rolls recipe
Cooking tools required
To make this Seeded Keto Rolls recipe, you'll need:
Tools substitute options
How to make Seeded Keto Rolls: step-by-step guide
- Gather all the ingredients required for the seeded keto rolls recipe.
- Use measuring cups and spoons for better results.
- In a small pot over low heat, melt the block-style cream cheese and shredded mozzarella cheese together until it resembles a thick gooey paste. Alternatively, melt these together in a microwave-safe bowl in 30-second increments until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine the melted cheeses, aluminum-free baking powder, superfine almond flour, flaxseed meal, hulled hemp hearts, and eggs. Mix until smooth and refrigerate for 10-20 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Roll the mixture into 24 balls and chill in the refrigerator for at least another 10 minutes.
- Grease a 10.5" cast iron skillet with unsalted butter.
- Place the dough balls into the skillet, touching on each side.
- Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until the rolls are fluffy, golden brown, and cooked through.
- Once done, remove the skillet from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve the seeded keto rolls warm, and enjoy.
Chef's pro tip
Pay attention to the dough's consistency while recreating the Seeded Keto Rolls recipe! Here's what you need to know!
How to serve this seeded keto rolls recipe?
How to make it healthier
What can I prepare ahead of time?
Storage and reheating instructions
Store any leftover Seeded Keto Rolls in an airtight container or resealable plastic bag. These can be kept for up to 2 days at room temperature or refrigerated for up to 5 days. For more extended storage, wrap each roll individually in plastic wrap or aluminum foil. You can freeze these rolls for up to 3 months.
Leftover reheating methods
Recipe wrap-up and conclusion
Isn't it amazing how a few simple swaps can transform a classic recipe into a keto-friendly delight? These rolls are a game-changer – fluffy, golden, and bursting with a delightful crunch from the seeds. They're easy to make, delicious to taste, and a surefire hit for any meal. So whether you're planning a Sunday brunch or just looking for a quick and satisfying snack, these rolls are your ticket to a guilt-free indulgence.
Now, let's face it – one of the hardest parts about sticking to a ketogenic diet is saying goodbye to bread. We've all been there, staring longingly at a warm, crusty loaf, feeling like it's an unrequited carb love. But with these Seeded Keto Rolls, you don't have to bid farewell to your bread cravings. These rolls not only fulfill your bread desires but do so without kicking you out of ketosis. So go ahead and enjoy – with recipes like this, being on a keto diet just got a whole lot easier and tastier!
Frequently asked questions
Seeded Keto Rolls
- 8 ounces block-style cream cheese not spreadable – no additives
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese low moisture – part-skim – no additives, preservatives, etc
- 4 large eggs at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 ⅓ cups Bob’s Red Mill Superfine Almond Flour
- ⅓ cup Bob’s Red Mill Flaxseed Meal
- ¼ cup Bob’s Red Mill Hulled Hemp Hearts
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 400° F
- In a small pot over low heat melt the cream cheese and mozzarella together. It should resemble a thick gooey paste. Alternatively, melt the cream cheese and mozzarella together in a microwave-safe bowl in 30-second increments until smooth.
- Add the melted cheeses to a large bowl along with the baking powder, almond flour, flax meal, hemp seeds, and eggs. Mix until smooth and refrigerate for 10-20 minutes.
- Roll into 24 balls and chill in the refrigerator for at least another 10 minutes. *see post above for handy tricks
- Grease a 10.5″ cast iron skillet with the butter.
- Place the dough balls into the skillet touching on each side. Transfer to the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until fluffy, golden brown, and cooked through.