These Keto Cheddar Ranch Chicken Thighs are perfect for a weeknight dinner and can be on your table in about 30 minutes. The best part? This recipe keeps the carbs low while delivering all the classic flavors of crispy chicken, gooey cheese, and just-right ranch seasoning. Your dinner routine just got a delicious upgrade – so roll up those sleeves, and let's whip up some keto magic tonight!
- Preparation and cooking overview
- Chef's note
- 🥘 Ingredients for this cheddar ranch chicken thighs
- Ingredient substitutions
- Additional ingredients
- Cooking tools required
- Tools substitute options
- How to make cheddar ranch chicken thighs: step-by-step guide
- Cooking methods
- Preparation steps
- Cooking instructions
- What to serve with cheddar ranch chicken thighs
- How to make it healthier
- Time-saving tips
- What can I prepare ahead of time?
- Storage and reheating instructions
- Storage instructions
- Reheating instructions
- Recipe wrap-up and conclusion
- Frequently asked questions
- 📖 Recipe
Preparation and cooking overview
To whip up this keto chicken thighs recipe, start by creating a zesty cheddar ranch sauce. Just mix together ranch seasoning, sour cream, cheese, and aromatic herbs. Next, arrange your seasoned chicken thighs in a skillet, drench them in the sauce, and crown them with crispy pork rinds. Pop them in the oven, and voilà! You'll have a satisfying dish hot and ready in under 35 minutes!
Feel free to experiment with different ingredients in this recipe. For example, add a dash of smoked paprika or cayenne pepper to your cheddar ranch sauce for an extra fiery kick. You can toss some crispy bacon bits for a surprising salty crunch.
🥘 Ingredients for this cheddar ranch chicken thighs
Here is a list of ingredients you will need to make the cheesy ranch chicken at home:
For baked chicken thighs
For the ranch seasoning
To elevate the flavor profile of your cheesy chicken thighs, add these optional ingredients:
Cooking tools required
To make this cheesy ranch chicken recipe, you will need the following tools:
Tools substitute options
How to make cheddar ranch chicken thighs: step-by-step guide
- Gather and measure all your ingredients.
- Pat the boneless, skinless chicken thighs dry with paper towels.
- Mince the fresh garlic clove and green onions.
- Prepare the homemade ranch seasoning by mixing all the ingredients in a small bowl and then set it aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper on both sides. Set chicken thighs aside.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream, sharp shredded cheddar cheese, ranch seasoning, garlic, and green onions.
- Drizzle the avocado oil in a 10.25" or larger cast iron skillet. Place chicken thighs in the skillet.
- Cover the chicken thighs with sour cream and cheese mixture. Sprinkle pork rind crumbs atop the mixture and press them firmly to ensure they stick to the mix.
- Cook the chicken for 20-25 minutes until the internal temperature of the thickest part reaches at least 165°F (70°C) when measured by a meat thermometer.
- Broil for 5-7 minutes on high to crisp the top of the chicken thighs until golden brown and crispy. Serve immediately.
Chef's pro tip
It's tempting to slather the cheddar ranch sauce on thick, but be cautious, or you might end up with a soggy bottom. Apply a moderate layer of sauce to achieve a creamy texture without any sogginess. We've replaced traditional breadcrumbs with pork rind crumbs for breading because they're super crispy and brown beautifully. You can either buy pre-made pork rind crumbs or make your own! Just place the pork rinds in a food processor and pulse until they resemble breadcrumbs or panko.
What to serve with cheddar ranch chicken thighs
Our baked ranch chicken thighs are a flavor powerhouse on their own, but here are a few keto-friendly pairings to turn this dish into a complete meal:
How to make it healthier
What can I prepare ahead of time?
Storage and reheating instructions
Recipe wrap-up and conclusion
This Cheddar Ranch Chicken Thighs recipe is a low-carb delight brimming with flavor. Whether you're in the mood for a satisfying dinner or a filling lunch, this versatile dish is ready to please. Feel like sharing the goodness? Just double the batch, and it'll be the star of your family gatherings.
So why wait? Tie on your apron and start cooking this tasty treat. And once you've savored every bite, don't forget to drop a comment and share your thoughts on your culinary adventure!
Frequently asked questions
Cheddar Ranch Chicken Thighs
- 10 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- ½ cup sour cream
- 6 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 batch ranch seasoning recipe below
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 green onions minced
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 56 grams pork rind crumbs
- Fresh parsley dill, and green onions to garnish (optional)
For the ranch seasoning:
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper on both sides. Set chicken thighs aside.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream, sharp shredded cheddar cheese, and the ranch seasoning mixture, garlic, and green onions.
- Drizzle the avocado oil in a 10.25” or larger cast iron skillet. Place chicken thighs in the skillet.
- Cover the chicken thighs with sour cream and cheese mixture. Press the pork rind crumbs on top of the mixture to ensure they stick.
- Cook the chicken for 20-25 minutes, until the internal temperature of the thickest part reaches at least 165°F. Broil for 5-7 minutes on high to crisp the top of the chicken thighs until golden brown and crispy. Serve immediately.