Has there ever been a better combination of foods good pepperoni, cheese, and sauce. Pizza is always a top contender in just about everyone I have ever met’s favorite foods list. So it’s no wonder there are so many options out there for keto pizza. I love my roll recipe, but making dough on keto is not the easiest thing in the world, and in my experience, meatzza has a ton of protein that will kick me out of ketosis. That’s why these five ingredient pizza sticks are perfect to kick off five ingredient February. Make sure to follow Cast Iron Keto on Facebook and Instagram for updates, giveaways, and simple five ingredient or less recipes all month long.
One of my routine meals in my pre-keto days was Little Caesars. If you haven’t read any of my past posts this would be a good time to tell you I used to be fat, and overeating was one of my hobbies. Anyway, I would stop in and get 2 hot and ready pizzas and eat one right of the bat, but the second one would go into the fridge for all the cheese to solidify. Then the next day, I would nearly use an entire bottle of blue cheese dressing to drench the entire pizza and gobble it down in one sitting as well. I’m disgusted at myself looking back on those days, I lacked any sense of self control and willpower when it came to what I put into my body. Nowadays I view food as fuel that gives me nourishment and energy to live the life I want to live. I owe it all to a low carb high fat diet and can’t fathom my life being any different.
Cauliflower is one of those foods among keto-ers than is somewhat polarizing. Everyone I’ve talked to either loves it or hates it. So if you’re in the hate it category this may not be the recipe for you, but maybe you should reconsider. Cauliflower is absolutely packed with phytochemicals that can prevent cancer, cardiovascular disease, and a multitude of other ailments. Plus it’s packed with fiber too, which is an important nutrient too many people following a keto diet fall short in their intake.
To read more about the amazing health benefits of cauliflower, check out the links below:
Keto Pizza Sticks
Super simple pizza sticks to satisfy every tastebud.
Makes: 4 Servings
- 12 oz frozen cauliflower rice, thawed and water squeezed out
- 1 medium egg
- 2 cups cheese, divided
- ½ cup marinara sauce
- 1.5 oz pepperoni
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 450℉. In a large mixing bowl combine cauliflower, egg, 1 cup of cheese, and spices.
- Transfer the mixture to a well seasoned and/or greased cast iron skillet. Spread the mixture out across the bottom of the skillet. Tip: don’t press it too thin, make it thick enough so your pizza sticks will sturdy instead of flimsy after they are baked.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, then add marinara sauce, the remaining cheese, and pepperoni. Bake another 5-7 minutes, until the edges are crispy.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before cutting into strips and serving.