Hey there, fellow foodies! Today, we've got an amazing Keto Gravy recipe for you – a versatile sauce that's low-carb, gluten-free, and can even be made dairy-free! It's perfect for drizzling over roasted veggies or mashed cauliflower, adding a burst of hearty flavor to any dish. Let's get saucy and enjoy this lip-smacking goodness together!
- Preparation and cooking overview
- Chef's note
- 🥣 Ingredients for this keto gravy recipe
- Ingredient substitutions
- Additional ingredients
- Cooking tools required
- Tools substitute options
- How to make Keto Gravy: step-by-step guide
- Cooking methods
- Preparation steps
- Cooking instructions
- What to serve with keto gravy?
- How to make it healthier
- Time-saving tips
- What can I prepare ahead of time?
- Storage and reheating instructions
- Storage tips
- Reheating best practices
- Recipe wrap-up and conclusion
- Frequently asked questions
- 📖 Recipe
Preparation and cooking overview
Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat, whisk in garlic powder and xanthan gum, then pour in the vegetable broth. Bring it to a simmer until thickened, season with salt and pepper, and you're good to go! This whole process takes just 5 minutes – quick and easy!
Swap the unsalted butter with your favorite dairy-free butter substitute to turn this into a dairy-free gravy. Our favorite is Miyokos Plant-based Butter– it adds a delightful richness to the gravy without compromising the flavor.
🥣 Ingredients for this keto gravy recipe
You can add these ingredients to elevate your keto gravy recipe and make it even more enjoyable.
Cooking tools required
To make this keto brown gravy recipe, you will require the following tools:
Tools substitute options
How to make Keto Gravy: step-by-step guide
- Gather all the fantastic ingredients for this recipe and measure them in their required amounts.
- Heat the butter in a 10” or larger cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Whisk in the garlic powder and xanthan gum. Pour in the vegetable broth and bring to a simmer until thickened. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately or transfer to a lidded container and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To reheat, place the gravy over medium heat until warm. If the gravy is too thick, add a bit more broth to thin out.
Chef's pro tip
When you're using xanthan gum to get the perfect gravy texture, begin with a little bit—say, half a teaspoon—and whisk it in slowly. This way, your low-carb gravy will be silky smooth without becoming overly thick.
What to serve with keto gravy?
How to make it healthier
What can I prepare ahead of time?
Storage and reheating instructions
Reheating best practices
Recipe wrap-up and conclusion
Our saucy adventure with the Keto Gravy comes to a delightful close! It's been a flavor-filled journey, and now you know all the tips and tricks to make the most out of this keto-friendly goodness.
But it doesn't stop here – the kitchen is your playground, and this homemade gravy recipe is just the beginning! So, roll up your sleeves, let your creativity flow, and keep delighting your taste buds with nourishing, mouthwatering meals. Happy cooking, foodies!
Frequently asked questions
- ¼ cup unsalted butter or butter substitute for dairy-free
- 2 cups vegetable broth can sub 1 cup of drippings for 1 cup of broth
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Heat the butter in a 10” or larger cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Whisk in the garlic powder, and xanthan gum. Pour in the vegetable broth and bring to a simmer until thickened. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve immediately or transfer to a lidded container and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To reheat, place the gravy over medium heat until warm. If the gravy is too thick add a bit more broth to thin out.