Keto White Chicken Chili
Can you call a soup "chili" if it doesn't have beans? We're going to go with a yes. This is one of Lauren's favorite meals, I swear I think she could eat it for every meal for a week but by then she would be tired of it and we'd never have it again. That's usually how that goes. We used to roast chicken thighs with lemons and jalapenos multiple times a week for at least a year, now I don't think we've had them in a least two. Anyways, this Keto White Chicken Chili is indeed delicious, even without the beans.
It's easy too, just a few simple ingredients and spices from your pantry and you're well on your way to a nourishing meal the entire family will love. Here's what you'll need:
- bone broth - the quality kind, the kind that jiggles like jello when it's cold. That's how you know it's packed with gut healing collagen. You can make your own or buy it pre-made, our favorite is Bonafied Provisions.
- chicken - again, opt for organic when possible not only for your health's sake but the chicken's as well.
- onion - the perfect aromatic for this chili.
- salsa verde - a simply clean store-bought salsa works great here since one ingredient can add both the tomatillo as well as some lime, jalapenos, and spices. Plus a jar of salsa will always be cheaper than purchasing all of the ingredients to make your own.
- oil + spices - simple pantry items you should already have on hand.
For toppings a simple avocado adds a nice boost of fat as well as fiber and potassium. If you're not worried about keeping this recipe to 5 ingredients or less sliced jalapenos, and some cilantro also make great toppings. Here's a few reading topics about the benefits of bone broth and my favorite, avocados:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 small (100g) onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 8 cups broth
- 1 cup (225g) salsa verde
- 1 lb chicken
- 3 avocados