These Keto Tandoori Chicken Bowls are packed full of flavor! Charred spiced chicken, onions, and jalapeños, cauliflower rice, cucumber, and homemade raita make one fantastic low-carb meal!
This Keto Tandoori Chicken Bowls are a weekly go-to! This recipe is SO good and we bet they'll quickly become a one of your favorites too!
Packed with veggies and spice, this is one of those meals you just can't get enough of. It's super versatile too. You can swap out the veggies and protein to customize it to your preferences.
Can I use chicken breasts?
This recipe calls for chicken thighs rather than breasts and we know that can turn some people off, but hear us out. The chicken thigh is more aligned with the macronutrient profile of the keto diet than the breast. It has a greater fat to protein ratio than breasts and for some people, it is more flavorful.
Chicken thighs are also cheaper than breasts by a few dollars. Chicken is one of the most common proteins the keto dieter consumes and if you swap one meal a week from breasts to thighs you could save $100+ per year (you could buy a sweet inflatable kayak with that kinda dough).
Just as a warning, cooking this recipe will most likely set your smoke alarm off. Keep your vent fan on and pop open some windows, that should do the trick and you'll just be left with a nicely charred dinner and not a smoke-filled kitchen 😉
You'll also want to swap out the regular yogurt for a dairy-free option. There are plenty of plain, unsweetened, dairy-free yogurts on the market so just go with whatever one you love most. We typically opt for Kite Hill or Kite Hill
Check out these other resources to read more about the differences between chicken breasts and thighs:
- Chicken Breasts vs Thighs
- Nutritional Differences of a Chicken Thigh and Breast
- Chicken thighs taste great, cook easily, cost less than white meat
Keto Tandoori Chicken Bowls
- 1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs or tofu for plant-based
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- ½ tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil melted and divided
- 1 red onion quartered
- 3 jalapenños halved
- ½ cup unsweetened plain whole milk yogurt dairy-free if plant-based
- 1 small cucumber seeded and small diced
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro
- 1 teaspoon lemon
- 12 ounces cauliflower rice for serving
- Place the chicken thighs in a large container with 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil and the first 7 spices, toss to combine and set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together the yogurt, cucumber, cumin, cilantro, and lemon. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over high heat with the remaining coconut oil. Place the chicken, onion, and jalapeño in the skillet and cook 20 minutes flipping once or twice to allow a nice even char to form.
- Serve with cauliflower rice and yogurt raita.
Nutritional values are estimates only and do not include carbs from sugar alcohols.
Looking for more Keto Indian recipes? Check these out!
KETO BUTTER CHICKEN
This 30-minute Keto Butter Chicken is a low-carb skillet dinner that everyone will love! It's easy to make and super tasty. [click here for recipe]
This Easy Keto Naan is perfect for scooping up delicious sauces and curries. It also makes a great tortilla style taco shell! [click here for recipe]
This Keto Biryani with Shrimp is a delicious low-carb Indian recipe that's packed full of flavor. [click here for recipe]