These Keto Spinach Artichoke Dip Pull-Apart Rolls are a great low-carb appetizer and party food!
To quote everyone’s second (or third) favorite black-eyed pea, Will.I.Am; “Oh hot damn, this is my jam!” But seriously, these Keto Spinach Artichoke Dip Pull-Apart Rolls are the most popular recipe on Cast Iron Keto for a reason (just make sure you follow the directions). If you are looking for a fantastic keto appetizer for a party, look no further. How about something to take the place of all those carb-heavy snacks to enjoy while you’re watching the big game, this is it. Even if you just want a peaceful night at home piled up on the couch browsing Netflix, these are perfect movie time snacks.
There are a few recipes on this site that use the basic roll recipe, so I’m going to take an opportunity here to answer some of the most frequently asked questions:
Q: Can I use coconut flour instead of almond flour?
A: No, coconut flour requires more moisture than almond flour, but I do have a recipe for a keto focaccia that uses coconut flour.
Q: That’s a lot of baking powder/My rolls taste bitter what did I do wrong?
A: Yes it is a lot of baking powder, but we are making bread… out of cheese. If your finished rolls have a bitter taste, it is most likely due to using a low-quality baking powder, opt for aluminum-free and it won’t be an issue.
Q: Is the dough supposed to be this gooey/sticky?
A: I wish it were easier to work with, but if you chill it both before and after rolling it into balls you’ll have no problem. If I can do it, so can you… trust me.
If you’re not a fan of spinach artichoke dip, but still want to indulge in this ring of deliciousness don’t worry, you’ve got options (but keep in mind the baking time and adjust accordingly). The day before this recipe went live I asked readers what they thought would be delicious in the center and here are a few of my favorite responses:
Bacon (not a dip, but why not?)
Bacon Ranch Dip
- Reuben Dip
So if you make these bad boys just like they are or with any other drool-worthy middle definitely share your creation with us on social media, I’m excited to see what you guys come up with!
Keto Spinach Artichoke Dip Pull Apart Rolls
- 6 ounces cream cheese block – not spreadable – no additives
- 2 1/4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese low moisture – part-skim – no additives, preservatives, etc
- 3 large eggs
- 2 1/4 tablespoons aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 cup + 1/2 tablespoon almond flour
Spinach Artichoke Dip:
- 1 7 oz can artichoke hearts, drained and finely chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups fresh spinach finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 onion minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400° F
- In a small pot over low heat melt the cream cheese and mozzarella together. It should resemble a thick gooey paste. You can also use the microwave.
- Add the melted cheeses to a large bowl along with the baking powder, almond flour, and eggs. Mix until smooth and refrigerate 10-20 minutes. Roll into 12 balls and chill in the refrigerator for at least another 10 minutes until set.
- While the dough is chilling make the spinach dip, simply mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl until combined.
- Place the dough balls around the edge of the skillet touching on each side. Fill the center with the spinach dip. Bake for 17-20 minutes until the rolls are fluffy, golden brown, and cooked through. Serve.
Nutritional values are estimates only and do not include carbs from sugar alcohols.