Indulge in the comforting flavors of our Cheesy Spaghetti Squash, a delectable keto dish that will satisfy your cravings while keeping you on track. This recipe transforms a large spaghetti squash into a cheesy and flavorful delight with a combination of dairy-free butter, minced onion and garlic, fresh thyme, shredded dairy-free parmesan, and sour cream. Get ready to experience a mouthwatering fusion of textures and tastes in this Cheesy Spaghetti Squash masterpiece!
- Preparation and cooking overview
- Chef's note
- 🥘 Ingredients for this keto spaghetti squash au gratin recipe
- Ingredient substitutions
- Cooking tools required
- Optional tools
- How to make Keto Spaghetti Squash au Gratin: step-by-step guide
- Cooking methods
- Cooking instructions
- How to make it healthier
- Time-saving tips
- Storage and reheating instructions
- Leftover reheating methods and best practices
- Pro tips
- Recipe wrap-up and conclusion
- Frequently asked questions
- 📖 Recipe
Preparation and cooking overview
Begin by roasting a large spaghetti squash until tender, then sauté minced onion, garlic, and fresh thyme in dairy-free butter. Create a creamy sauce by melting shredded dairy-free parmesan and sour cream. Combine the spaghetti squash strands with the cheese sauce, bake until golden and bubbly, and voila! In just under an hour, you'll have a mouthwatering Cheesy Spaghetti Squash ready to delight your taste buds.
The beauty of this Cheesy Spaghetti Squash recipe lies in its versatility. Feel free to get creative with the toppings and add-ons! You can sprinkle crispy bacon bits, diced tomatoes, or fresh herbs like basil or parsley for an extra burst of flavor. Experiment with different dairy-free cheese options or incorporate your favorite keto-friendly ingredients to make it uniquely yours. Embrace the fun and flexibility of keto cooking, and let your taste buds be your guide to culinary bliss!
🥘 Ingredients for this keto spaghetti squash au gratin recipe
Cooking tools required
To make this Keto Spaghetti Squash AU Gratin recipe, you need the following tools:
How to make Keto Spaghetti Squash au Gratin: step-by-step guide
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Take care of the oven temperature to avoid any mishaps.
- Spaghetti squashes have seeds in them, so to scoop them out, you will have to cut them in two halves and use a spoon to scoop them. Place the halves cut side down in a baking dish and bake in the preheated oven for about 30-40 minutes or until the squash is tender.
- While baking is in progress, melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the minced onion, garlic, and sauté for about 2-3 minutes or until the onion is translucent.
- Add the fresh minced thyme to the saucepan and stir to combine.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the shredded parmesan cheese and sour cream to the saucepan. Stir continuously until the cheese is melted and the sauce is smooth.
- Once the spaghetti squash is tender, remove it from the oven and use a fork to scrape out the spaghetti-like strands from each half.
- Add the shredded strands to the cheese sauce in the saucepan and stir to combine.
- Season with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste.
- Transfer everything to a baking dish and sprinkle with additional parmesan cheese if desired for an amazing cheese flavor.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted, bubbly, and golden brown.
- Serve the cheesy spaghetti squash recipe, and enjoy!
How to make it healthier
Storage and reheating instructions
Leftover reheating methods and best practices
Here are some tips for reheating leftovers for this amazing dish:
Recipe wrap-up and conclusion
We hope you enjoyed our ultimate low-carb delight with our Keto Spaghetti Squash Au Gratin! This recipe is a game-changer, offering a scrumptious twist on traditional spaghetti squash that'll have your taste buds doing a happy dance.
With some handy time-saving tips up your sleeve, you'll breeze through the preparation and still end up with a dish that's creamy, cheesy, and oh-so-satisfying. Whether it's a cozy family dinner or a meal prep adventure, this recipe is guaranteed to become your go-to comfort food.
Get ready to savor every cheesy, savory bite and embark on a low-carb journey that's both delicious and guilt-free!
Frequently asked questions
Keto Spaghetti Squash Au Gratin
- 1 large spaghetti squash about 5 pounds
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter dairy-free if desired
- 1 small yellow onion minced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced thyme
- 1 cup shredded parmesan dairy-free if desired
- ¼ cup sour cream dairy-free if desired
- Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste.
- Preheat your oven broiler to high.
- Cook the spaghetti squash using your preferred method (we cut off the ends, poke all over with a fork, then microwave for 20 minutes) then remove the noodle-like strands, place the strands in a colander to drain the excess moisture then set-aside.
- Heat the butter over medium-high heat in a large 10.5″ cast iron skillet. Add the onion, garlic, and thyme to the skillet and cook about 1 minute, just until fragrant.
- Add in the drained spaghetti squash and stir to combine. Stir in the sour cream and half of the parmesan. Simmer for 5 minutes then top with remaining parmesan and transfer to the broiler for 3-5 minutes until the top is golden brown. Top with additional thyme and serve.
Hi how many servings is the rescipe
Alex Lester says
Hi Laura, the serving sizes can be found at the top of the recipe card.
Vickie LaCoste says
Ok people, this is delicious!!! Best recipe for spaghetti squash I’ve ever made!!
What are some items to serve with this?
Cast Iron Keto says
Any grilled meat is a great option, spiral ham or turkey or roasted chicken is always great too!