These S'mores Bars are the perfect keto campfire desserts! They're sugar-free, gluten-free, and last for an entire week in the fridge... that's if you don't eat them all first! Whether you're following a keto lifestyle or simply looking for a guilt-free indulgence, these bars are a must-try. So gather around the virtual campfire and get ready to experience the joy of S'mores in a whole new way!
This Keto S'Mores Bars recipe is sponsored by our friends at Whole Earth Sweetener Co., thank you for supporting the brands that make CIK possible!
- Preparation and cooking overview
- Chef's note
- Ingredients for this keto s’mores bars recipe
- Chocolate Filling
- Marshmallow Topping
- Ingredient substitutions
- Cooking tools required
- Tool substitutes list
- How to make Keto S’Mores Bars: step-by-step guide
- Cooking methods
- Preparation steps
- Cooking instructions
- How to serve Keto S'more Bars?
- How to make it healthier?
- Time-saving tips
- What can I prepare ahead of time?
- Storage instructions
- Recipe wrap-up and conclusion
- Frequently asked questions
- 📖 Recipe
Preparation and cooking overview
To make these S'mores Bars you need to bake the keto graham cracker crust base for 20 minutes, add the chocolate filling, and coat it with marshmallow topping. In 40 minutes total you'll have a perfect treat for your sweet tooth.
One thing to note is that the marshmallows used in this recipe DO NOT char, so you can't use these to make your typically roasted S'mores. Bummer, we know. But they're still divine without being toasted.
Ingredients for this keto s’mores bars recipe
Additional ingredients are not part of the original recipe, but you can enjoy these keto options to make your s'mores heavenly delicious!
Cooking tools required
To make this Keto S’Mores Bars recipe, you'll need the following tools:
Tool substitutes list
How to make Keto S’Mores Bars: step-by-step guide
- Ensure you have everything you need before cooking and avoid any last-minute trips to the store.
- Measure all the ingredients with measuring cups and tools to replicate the recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F to prepare it for baking.
- Line or grease a 10" cast iron skillet, so make the base non-sticky for the crust.
- Ready your food processor, a microwave-safe bowl, a candy thermometer, and a stand mixer.
- In a food processor, pulse together all the ingredients for the crust until it resembles graham cracker crumbs.
- Press the mixture into a lined or greased 10" cast iron skillet.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake the crust for 20 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Place the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl for the chocolate ganache filling and pour over the heavy cream. Heat in 30-second intervals, stirring between cycles until the chocolate is melted.
- Pour the chocolate topping into the crust and transfer them to the refrigerator for one hour.
- To make the marshmallows, place cold water in a stand mixer and, sprinkle in the gelatin, let bloom for five minutes.
- In a medium pot, combine the water and monk fruit blend, and bring to a boil until the temperature reads 230°F on a candy thermometer.
- Turn the stand mixer to medium speed and slowly stream in the monk fruit blend mixture. Increase the speed to high for 15 minutes until thick and glossy.
- Pour the marshmallow fluff on top of the bar, return the skillet to the refrigerator, and cool for at least one hour.
- Carefully slice in the squares to serve. The final result is so delicious we bet you'll love it more!
Chef's pro tip
Keep a close eye on the marshmallow mix while it's getting thick in the mixer. You don't want it to get too beat up and lose its light and airy feel. If it's already got too stiff, throw in a spoonful or two of hot water and give it a gentle stir. This should bring back the fluff. But don't go overboard, or you'll end up with a soupy mess. When it's time to cut the bars, grab a sharp knife 'cause that marshmallow layer can be a really sticky situation and tough to slice neatly.
How to serve Keto S'more Bars?
Talking about serving options? You can serve it at any meal of the day! Let it be a guilt-free dessert after dinner or lunch.
The options are endless!! Whatever the occasion, you can enjoy these delicious and low-carb smores bars to your fullest.
How to make it healthier?
You can increase the nutritional value of this sweet treat through the following methods:
What can I prepare ahead of time?
The Keto Smores Bar Recipe makes the perfect dessert for meal prep. Here are the storage tips:
Recipe wrap-up and conclusion
Sticking to the keto diet can sometimes feel a bit lonely, especially when you can't share a sweet treat with your buddies or loved ones. But there's a workaround—whip up some Keto S'mores Bars right in your kitchen.
Every keto fan's gotta try this one. This dessert got the perfect mix of a sweet and crunchy base, a layer of melty chocolate, and roasted marshmallows on top. The best thing about it? You can chow down on this treat guilt-free and even share it with folks around you. So give it a go, and you'll be patting yourself on the back later!
Frequently asked questions
Keto S'mores Bars
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- ¼ cup Whole Earth Monk Fruit Blend
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- 9 ounces sugar-free semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup cold water
- 3 tablespoons gelatin
- ⅔ cup water
- 1 ¼ cups Whole Earth Monk Fruit Blend
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325° F.
- In a food processor, pulse together all the ingredients for the crust until it resembles graham cracker crumbs. Press into a lined or greased 10" cast iron skillet. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake the crust for 20 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Place the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and pour over the heavy cream. Heat in 30-second intervals, stirring between each cycle until the chocolate is melted. Pour the chocolate into the crust and transfer to the refrigerator for one hour.
- To make the marshmallows, place cold water in a stand mixer and sprinkle in the gelatin, let bloom for five minutes. In a medium pot combine the water and monk fruit blend, bring to a boil until the temperature reads 230°F on a candy thermometer. Turn the stand mixer to medium speed and slowly stream in the monk fruit blend mixture. Increase the speed to high for 15 minutes until thick and glossy.
- Pour the marshmallow mixture on top of the bars and return the skillet to the refrigerator and allow to cool for at least one hour. Carefully slice in the squares to serve. Store the leftover bars in the refrigerator for up to one week.