This Keto Seafood Dip is packed with crab, shrimp, green chiles and plenty of cheese. Serve it straight from the skillet with low-carb crackers or veggies.
This Keto Seafood Dip is a great crowd-pleasing appetizer! It’s packed full of crab, shrimp, green chiles, and bubbly cheese. For us keto folks, this is great served up with low-carb crackers such as flackers, low-carb tortilla chips, or fresh cut vegetables.
Save on Frozen or Canned Crab
One of the tricks we use to cut down on the cost of anything that uses crab is to source it from Trader Joe’s. The frozen lump crab meat is high quality and the cost is a fraction of lump crab meat found at your typical grocery store. Don’t have a Trader Joe’s near you? Some grocery stores sell canned crab meat (look for just crab, water, and salt - no junky preservatives), so be sure to check the aisle where the canned tuna and such are sold before heading to the seafood department.
A dip is really only a good as its ability to be dipped. So here's a few dipping vessel suggestions:
- Veggies (Celery Sticks, Cucumber Slices, Bell Pepper Strips, etc..)
- Store-bought low carb crackers (Flackers are our go-to)
- Easy Keto Cracker Recipe
Dips and party foods can be a bit of minefield for those of us in the low-carb high-fat mindset. Here are a few of our favorites recipes for having friends and family over:
- 7 Layer Taco Dip (Low-Carb / Keto / Bean Free)
- Keto Reuben Dip
- Bacon "Brown Sugar" Chicken Bites
- Keto Game-Day Recipes
Keto Seafood Dip
- ½ lb cooked shrimp
- 4 ounces lump crab meat
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup minced onion
- ½ cup minced spinach
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups pepper jack cheese
- 1 4oz can green chiles
- Minced parsley
- Red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Heat the butter in a large 10.5″ skillet over medium heat. Saute the onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes, add in old bay and cook stirring for 30 seconds.
- Add in shrimp, chiles, crab, and spinach. Cook 1-2 minutes until the spinach is wilted.
- Add in the cream cheese, and 1 cup of the shredded pepper jack cheese. Top with remaining pepper jack and bake at 425° F for 20 minutes. Place under the broiler to brown for 5 minutes before serving.
Shelly Riley says
I made this for Saturday football watching. This was simply delicious! Everyone loved it. I could have eaten the entire pan. It was one of the best keto recipes I have ever had!
Alex Lester says
So great to hear that Shelly!
Stacy V says
Do you have a cracker recipe to go with this?? 🙂
Alex Lester says
We usually use Flackers - they can be found at most speciality stores like Whole Foods, Earth Fare, or other natural grocers.
We've made this dip several times and it's always delicious!
I have fixed this a half dozen times for vacation and special occasions over the past year and it is amazing! It’s so easy and everyone is always so impressed!