This Keto Salsa Chicken Bake (3 ingredients) is an easy dinner that’s ready with minimal effort, prep to clean-up in less than an hour.
How’s this Keto Salsa Chicken Bake look for just 3 plus 2 pantry ingredients?? You’ll need:
- boneless/skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- pico de gallo or any other salsa
- Monterrey jack cheese or Mexican blend cheese
- oil (we use avocado oil)
- keto taco seasoning
That’s it! And yes, it’s delicious. Just dump everything into your cast iron skillet or baking dish and pop it into the oven until the chicken is cooked through and the cheese is bubbly.
What should I serve this Keto Salsa Chicken Bake with?
It’s great as is but you can serve it up with keto tortillas, our Keto Mexican “Rice”, or even just sliced avocado or guacamole for some extra fat.
Can I use a different meat?
Sure thing, turkey cutlets are great as is salmon. You could try ground beef or pork (carnitas anyone?). You can keep this recipe super simple, as it is written. Or experiment with your favorite flavors and use this recipe as template or guide.
Can I add anything else?
Yes! Same as above, customize it to suit you! In my opinion, sauteed peppers and onions or fresh sliced jalapeños go great in the bake.
What is the nutritional information?
As always, you can find the full nutritional breakdown including the carb count (total carbs and net carbs) at the bottom of the recipe card. You can find the serving size/yield at the top of the recipe card. You should always double-check your specific ingredients as different brand's ingredients may have different values.
To get a specific serving size you'll want to weigh the final dish then divide by the number of servings. We can't provide this information as your cooking style will vary from ours as well as the brand ingredients you choose to use.
Keto Salsa Chicken Bake
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 12 oz salsa we used drained pico de gallo
- 1 ½ cups shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- 1 avocado diced
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 jalapeño thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Place the chicken in a 10” or larger cast iron skillet, drizzle with the oil and sprinkle with the taco seasoning. Place the salsa on top of the chicken and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Transfer to the oven and bake 35-40 minutes or until the chicken reaches 165° F and the cheese is bubbly.
- Top with desired toppings and serve immediately.
WOW! Made this for dinner today using salmon fillets, because that's what I had. Baked for 15 minutes at 400 and used Trader Joe's mild Pico de Gallo. DELICIOUS and 5-year-old approved! Thank you for the recipe. It will be in rotation for weekly meals.
wow! this is a keeper. I will definitely make this again. the flavors bake into the chicken perfectly
Made your salsa Chicken this evening. So simple and very good! Next time I will wait to put the cheese on...a little crunchy but very good! Thank you🤗 jacquie