Introducing the Keto Red Velvet Skillet Cookie, a scrumptious dessert that fits your low-carb, keto-friendly lifestyle.
This rich cookie blends the classic red velvet taste with the benefits of being gluten-free and keto-friendly. Its eye-catching color, satisfying texture, and delightful taste make it a favorite among family and friends.
This top-notch red velvet cookie recipe offers a healthier alternative to traditional desserts, making it an excellent choice for those seeking to satisfy their sweet tooth while maintaining a low-carb diet.
We're using our favorite Bob's Red Mill Super-Fine Almond Flour in this recipe. It keeps the cookie moist and fudgy, just the way you want a luscious skillet cookie.
- Preparation and cooking overview
- Chef's note
- Ingredients for this Red Velvet Skillet Cookie recipe
- Red velvet cookie toppings
- Ingredient substitutions
- Additional ingredients
- Cooking tools required
- Tools substitute options
- How to make Red Velvet Skillet Cookie: step-by-step guide
- Cooking methods
- Preparation steps
- Cooking instructions
- How to make it healthier
- Time-saving tips
- What can I prepare ahead of time?
- Storage and reheating instructions
- Recipe wrap-up and conclusion
- Frequently asked questions
- 📖 Recipe
Preparation and cooking overview
Whip up a heavenly Keto Red Velvet Skillet Cookie in under an hour by following a simple step-by-step process, from preparing the flaxseed mixture and creaming butter to folding in mayo and baking to perfection. Once it's done, personalize your creation with delightful toppings like keto-friendly ice cream or melted dark chocolate, and indulge in a guilt-free, low-carb treat that will leave you wanting more!
When preparing this Keto Red Velvet Skillet Cookie, it's essential to use high-quality ingredients to achieve the best results. Take your time to measure accurately and follow the recipe steps closely to create a perfectly baked cookie with a tender, moist crumb.
Ingredients for this Red Velvet Skillet Cookie recipe
Red velvet cookie toppings
Feel free to get creative and add your toppings. Just ensure that they align with your keto or low-carb dietary preferences.
Cooking tools required
To make this Keto Red Velvet Skillet Cookie recipe, you'll need:
Tools substitute options
If you don't have the same tools mentioned above, you can still make the delicious dessert with these substitute options:
How to make Red Velvet Skillet Cookie: step-by-step guide
- Measure the ingredients accurately and set them aside for easy access during cooking.
- Gather all the kitchen tools and instruments mentioned in the "Cooking Tools Required" section.
- Preheat your oven to 350° Fahrenheit so it's ready when needed.
- Wash your hands and ensure your work surface is clean and sanitized.
- Grease the 8-inch cast iron skillet (or a suitable substitute) in preparation for baking the cookie.
- Prepare the flaxseed mixture: Mix the water and ground flaxseed in a small bowl. Set it aside for 5 minutes to allow the combination to gel.
- Soften the vegan butter: In a medium bowl, heat the vegan unsalted butter in the microwave until it is very soft but not melted.
- Cream butter and sweetener: Use a whisk to cream the softened butter and granulated keto sweetener until the mixture is creamy and slightly fluffy.
- Add milk and vanilla: Mix the unsweetened plain almond milk and vanilla extract.
- Combine dry ingredients: Add the almond flour, coconut flour, cacao powder, baking powder, and salt to the wet ingredients. Mix the flour mixture till everything is combined.
- Fold in mayo and food coloring: Gently fold the vegan mayonnaise and natural red food coloring until combined.
- Prepare the skillet: Pour the batter into a well-greased 8-inch cast iron skillet.
- Bake the cookie: Place the skillet in the preheated oven at 350° Fahrenheit and bake for 45-48 minutes. The cookie is done when the outside is firm and the interior is springy but still somewhat firm to the touch. The cookie will firm up more as it cools.
- Add white chocolate chips: Once you remove the skillet from the oven, sprinkle keto white chocolate chips on the cookie, gently pressing a few into the top.
- Cool and add toppings: Allow the cookie to cool slightly before topping it with your choice of keto-friendly ice cream, dairy-free coconut whip, melted dark chocolate, crumbled freeze-dried raspberries, or fresh raspberries though chocolate topping takes the first position when it comes to toppings. Serve and enjoy!
Chef's pro tip
Let the cookie cool down slightly before serving for the best texture and flavor in your Keto Red velvet white chocolate chip cookies.
This allows the cookie to firm up and develop its rich flavor. Additionally, the cookie will be easier to cut and serve when it has cooled a bit, resulting in a more enjoyable eating experience.
How to make it healthier
Sometimes we have enough on our plate to cook everything from scratch. Consider these tips to save time when you're busy:
What can I prepare ahead of time?
Storage and reheating instructions
To store leftover chocolate chip cookies, follow these steps:
For reheating, follow these instructions:
Recipe wrap-up and conclusion
This Keto Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie is a delightful and healthier twist on a classic favorite. With its rich red hue and indulgent flavors, it will surely be a hit among keto and non-keto eaters.
The versatile toppings of red velvet cookies add so much flavor to the chocolate chip cookie recipe when a burst of chocolate flavor immerses in the delicious taste of this dessert. The good thing is you can add both white and semi-sweet chocolate chips as long as they are keto-friendly and enjoy it without any guilt trip!
So go ahead and dig into your favorite red velvet chocolate chip cookies, knowing you can enjoy the rich flavors of a red velvet dessert while maintaining your ketogenic diet.
Frequently asked questions
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter
- 6 tablespoons granulated keto sweetener
- 4.5 tablespoons unsweetened plain almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup + 5 tablespoons Bob’s Red Mill Fine Almond Flour
- 3 tablespoons Bob’s Red Mill Coconut Flour
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt depending on your taste
- ¼ cup vegan mayonnaise
- 30 + drops natural red food coloring
- 2 tablespoons keto white chocolate chips
- Keto-friendly ice cream
- Dairy-free coconut whip
- Melted dark chocolate
- Crumbled freeze-dried raspberries
- Fresh raspberries
- Preheat your oven to 350° degrees Fahrenheit. In a small bowl, mix together the water and ground flaxseed and set aside for 5 minutes to allow it to gel.
- Heat the vegan butter in a large bowl in the microwave until it is very soft but not melted. Cream together the butter and sweetener with a whisk until creamy and slightly fluffy. Mix in the milk and vanilla.
- Add the almond flour, coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt and mix until combined. Fold in the mayo and food coloring until just combined.
- Pour the batter into a well-greased 8 inch cast iron pan. Place in the oven and bake for 45-48 minutes. When finished, the outside of the cookie should be firm, and the interior will be springy but still somewhat firm to the touch. It will firm up more as it cools. When you take the pan out of the oven, sprinkle the white chocolate chips on top, gently pressing a few into the top of the cookie.
- Once the cookie has cooled a bit, top with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
- The nutrition information is for the cookie only, not optional toppings.
- The amount of food coloring you add will depend on the brand you use and how strong they are. For natural food coloring, aim for 30-35 drops.