These Keto Philly Cheese Steak Stuffed Peppers are a delicious low-carb dinner option. The bell peppers are stuffed with a buttery steak and onion filling and topped with melty cheese.
These Keto Philly Cheese Steak Stuffed Peppers are the perfect way to get your Philly Cheese Steak fix without compromising your daily carbohydrate intake. The bell peppers are the perfect vessel to carry each perfectly meaty/cheesy bite. If you are a Philadelphian or Cheese Steak purist, feel free to replace the provolone with your beloved Cheez Whiz.
How to Make Low-Carb Stuffed Peppers
This low-carb version obviously forgoes the bread but doesn’t skimp on flavor! There’s plenty of butter that the grass-fed steak, onions, and peppers are cooked in before being added to the provolone stuffed pepper halves. Then a sprinkle of cheese on top before baking adds a crispy crust like texture that can’t be beat. You’re going to love this easy recipe! Looking for another pepper recipe? Try our classic Keto Stuffed Peppers!
- To start you’ll cut 2 of the bell peppers in half and thinly slice another one.
- Then you’ll place a slice of cheese in the middle of the 4 halves of peppers.
- Next, make the filling by cooking the steak, sliced peppers and onions, and butter until cooked through.
- Fill the peppers with the beef mixture then top with the shredded cheese.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and dig in!
Keto Philly Cheese Steak Stuffed Peppers
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3 bell peppers 2 halved and seeded, one seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/2 large white onion thinly sliced
- 8 ounces ribeye steak thinly sliced (it works great with a slightly frozen steak)
- Salt to taste
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- Place a slice of provolone into each bell pepper halve. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Heat a large 10.5″ cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Once hot add the butter, then the steak. Brown the steak for 3-4 minutes then add in sliced peppers and onions.
- Cook for about 5 minutes until the peppers and onions are soft. Season to taste then divide the mixture between the 4 bell pepper halves. Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Serve immediately.