These Keto Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops are an easy protein option to pair with your favorite keto side dish. Only 5 ingredients and even fewer carbs!
These Keto Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops are the ultimate menu item to build your dinner around. The tangy acidity of the dijon mustard mixed with the crunch from the parmesan and herb crust makes for the perfect bite. Since the protein:fat ratio is a little high, serve these bad boys with your favorite fatty side. Personally, I highly recommend this Green Beans Almondine or Charred Cabbage Salad to accompany the pork chop.
The pork chops I used came from Butcher Box, and if I’m being honest the way they were frozen together I thought I had the world’s largest pork chop in my freezer at one point, but as they thawed, it turned out to be two half-pound chops rather than a single mamma jamma (I was mildly disappointed by this fact).
I know the pork chops I’ve picked up from the grocery store in the past are typically pretty puny compared to these. If you end up with thinner pork chops you may want to adjust the cooking time.
Another tip — if you want to reduce the carb count of this recipe swap out the whole grain mustard for a creamy dijon. You’ll still get that tangy mustard flavor, but you lose a little bit of that crunch. I like the crunch, but you do you.
The parmesan herb crust will provide a good amount of crunchiness though. Use this recipe as a starting point and build your meal around this cornerstone of a delicious dinner staple.
Keto Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops
- 4 4oz pork chops or 2 larger cut in half to serve
- 1/4 th cup grain mustard
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Place the mustard in a bowl and the parmesan, Italian seasoning, and garlic salt in another. Dip the pork chops in the mustard coating every side then dredge through the cheese mixture.
- Place the pork chops in a cast iron skillet and bake for 40 minutes. Serve with your favorite keto side.