This Keto Muffuletta Chicken is a delicious low-carb recipe that’s packed with flavor from antipasto, salami, ham, and provolone!
Muffuletta sandwiches are a New Orleans staple, almost as much as a Po’Boy or a big bowl of gumbo. But what really makes it unique is its utilization of Italian flavors in a city known for its French/Cajun influences. This Keto Muffuletta Chicken takes those flavors and spins it into a low-carb recipe that you’re going to love.
Trying to emulate New Orleans cuisine on the keto diet can be difficult because of its heavy use of fried foods and red beans and rice, but this recipe is an excellent low carb alternative with all the flavor you know and love from the big easy.
When shopping for olives for this recipe and others it’s a good idea to check out the nutrition label because some brands are absolutely loaded with sodium and while I love salt, it can be too much of a good thing if left unchecked. To read more about the numerous health benefits of olives check out the following links below:
- Dr. Axe – Olive Nutrition Facts
- World’s Healthiest Foods – Olives
- Dr. Mercola – What are Olives Good For?
Keto Muffuletta Chicken
- 2 4oz chicken breasts
- 2 oz salami
- 2 oz ham
- 4 oz provolone sliced
- ½ cup 120g olive mix
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Sear chicken breast 3-4 minutes per side until browned.
- Turn off stove top burner and top chicken with cheeses and meats. Bake 5-10 minutes until cheese is bubbly.
- To serve, top with olive mixture.
Nutritional values are estimates only and do not include carbs from sugar alcohols.