This 5-ingredient Keto Pesto Lasagna is a quick and delicious gluten-free dinner that's sure to impress.
This Keto Pesto Lasagna recipe is sponsored by DeLallo Foods, thank you for supporting the brands that make CIK recipes EPIC!
If you’re skeptical that eggplant can effectively mimic and replace pasta, join the club….We were too. We knew it would hold up and create layers, but we honestly never expected it to be as good as it was. We think the key to sustaining a Keto diet is being able to recreate your favorite dishes so you don’t feel so restricted. There was a time when rice, pasta, and bread made up a sizable portion of our breakfast, lunch and dinner, and although the nutrients we're fueling our body with nowadays is drastically different, the menu really hasn't changed that much.
There was so much flavor throughout this whole dish, every bite was like an eruption of flavor. For a recipe to only have 5 ingredients, this one sure delivers in the taste department. A big reason this lasagna had so much flavor was the Pomodoro Fresco Sauce by DeLallo.
We’ve talked about this in previous posts but finding a clean and tasty pasta sauce without added sugars, and a plethora of other ingredients we can’t pronounce, is way easier said than done. Making your own is always an option, but who has the time to gather all the ingredients at the store and actually do it? Not us.
The tomato basil sauce is what we used in this recipe and how they get that much flavor out of just tomatoes, olive oil, onions, carrots, basil, and salt is beyond. It’s such a great addition to our kitchen pantry, especially when trying to minimize the number of ingredients in the dish and on our grocery lists.
For us, the best part of this recipe has to be the Simply Pesto by DeLallo. Adding that swirl of the delicious traditional basil pesto on top of the lasagna was the icing on the cake, um Lasagna. The first time we opened a jar we could have sat by and just eaten it out of the jar with a spoon, but we had to have some for the lasagna 😉, otherwise, game on.
After we topped the lasagna with a generous swirl, we used a big heaping spoonful as a salad dressing on a big bed of arugula, which was the perfect side for this lasagna. Made in one skillet you just can’t go wrong with this easy recipe!
Keto Pesto Lasagna
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 large eggplant cut into ½″ rounds
- 1.5 cups DeLallo Pomodoro Fresco Sauce
- 2 cups Italian blend cheese mozzarella, parmesan, romano
- ¼ cup DeLallo Simply Pesto
- Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the beef to the pan and brown 5-7 minutes crumbling with the back of a spoon. When browned transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Turn off heat and layer in half of the eggplant slices. Top with ground beef, half of the pasta sauce, and half of the cheese. Top with remaining eggplant slices, pasta sauce, and finally the remaining cheese.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake 12-15 minutes until golden and bubbly.
- To serve top with the pesto.