Get ready to say "Ciao!" to our delectable Keto Pesto Lasagna, a delightful twist on a beloved Italian classic. We've masterfully tailored this recipe to fit your keto lifestyle, ensuring you can indulge in this rich and creamy dish without any fear of missing out.
This lasagna is layered with succulent ground beef, fragrant tomato and basil sauce, and ooey-gooey cheese, all nestled between tender slices of eggplant. As if that wasn't enough, we've upped the ante by crowning it with a vibrant, flavor-packed pesto.
This Keto Pesto Lasagna recipe is sponsored by DeLallo Foods, thank you for supporting the brands that make CIK recipes EPIC!
- Preparation and cooking overview
- 🌿 Ingredients for this keto pesto lasagna recipe
- Ingredient substitutions
- Additional ingredients
- Cooking tools required
- Tools substitute options
- How to make Keto Pesto Lasagna: step-by-step guide
- Cooking methods
- Preparation steps
- Cooking instructions
- How to make it healthier
- Time-saving tips
- What can I prepare ahead of time?
- Storage and reheating instructions
- Recipe wrap-up and conclusion
- Frequently asked questions
- 📖 Recipe
Preparation and cooking overview
We carefully make layers of veggies, beef, and cheese in this keto lasagna recipe. The generous amount of sauces and pesto makes the dish extra flavorful. In half an hour, you can become the chef by following simple instructions!
🌿 Ingredients for this keto pesto lasagna recipe
Cooking tools required
To make this Keto Pesto Lasagna recipe, you'll need the following tools:
Tools substitute options
How to make Keto Pesto Lasagna: step-by-step guide
- Make sure all the ingredients you use are cut properly.
- Gather your tools.
- The ingredients must be in proper measurement.
- Preheat your oven to 425°F.
- In a large skillet, heat up some olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the ground beef to the skillet and cook for 5-7 minutes or until browned while crumbling the meat with a spoon and add spices according to your taste. Once browned, transfer the seasoned ground beef mixture to a bowl and set it aside.
- Turn off the heat and start layering half of the eggplant slices on the bottom of the skillet.
- Add a layer of beef mixture on top of the eggplant slices.
- Add a layer of tomato and basil sauce to the beef, followed by a layer of cheese.
- Add another layer of eggplant slices on top of the cheese.
- Repeat the layers with tomato and basil sauce, cheese, and eggplant slices.
- Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and bake for 12-15 minutes until the top is golden and bubbly.
- Once the lasagna has cooked, remove it from the oven and add some pesto for extra flavor.
- Serve and enjoy!
Chef's pro tip
One pro tip is to slice the eggplant thinly and evenly to ensure even cooking and layering. Dip the slices in salt water and let them sit for 20-30 minutes to remove any excess moisture, which will help prevent a watery lasagna.
How to make it healthier
What can I prepare ahead of time?
Storage and reheating instructions
Recipe wrap-up and conclusion
Keto Pesto Lasagna is a fantastic, low-carb take on classic lasagna. We've cleverly replaced the usual high-carb lasagna sheets with eggplant slices and filled them with keto-friendly ingredients like ground beef, basil-tomato sauce, and gooey mozzarella cheese. This guilt-free dish is a must-try for those on a keto diet. So go ahead, and indulge in this satisfying, keto-friendly twist on an Italian favorite!
Frequently asked questions
Keto Pesto Lasagna
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 large eggplant cut into ½″ rounds
- 1.5 cups DeLallo Pomodoro Fresco Sauce
- 2 cups Italian blend cheese mozzarella, parmesan, romano
- ¼ cup DeLallo Simply Pesto
- Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the beef to the pan and brown 5-7 minutes crumbling with the back of a spoon. When browned transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Turn off heat and layer in half of the eggplant slices. Top with ground beef, half of the pasta sauce, and half of the cheese. Top with remaining eggplant slices, pasta sauce, and finally the remaining cheese.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake 12-15 minutes until golden and bubbly.
- To serve top with the pesto.