This easy Keto Larb recipe is so delicious and perfect for a low-carb diet! It's also super customizable so read through the post to learn how to create your own!
First, you may be asking "What IS Larb?"
Larb is a "meat salad" of sorts. You can use practically any type of meat but we've used pork in this recipe. We've also had it made with pork, chicken skin, chicken liver, and other organs you think would be disgusting but actually tastes amazing. If you're that adventurous feel free to throw some organ meats in this recipe for an added nutritional boost!
For a plant-based option, tofu works great!
Along with your chosen protein, you'll also be adding in some red and green onion, cilantro, mint, lime, red chili flakes, shallot, garlic, and fish sauce (or plant-based fish sauce if desired). The result is one flavorful salad that's low carb, keto, and all-around great.
How to serve Keto Larb
We like to serve the salad with some lettuce cups, butter lettuce is a favorite but iceberg or romaine work just as well, and also some sliced cucumber. A few extra wedges of lime never hurts either.
Looking for more Asian inspired recipes? Check these out!
- 1 lb minced or ground meat pork is a favorite but you can use chicken, turkey, and/or organ meats or tofu for plant-based
- ½ onion
- 2 shallots
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 green onions cut into 1″ pieces
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce plant-based if desired
- 1 tablespoon red chili flakes
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar-free sweetener
- Herbs for topping mint and cilantro
- Lettuce cups and sliced cucumbers for serving
- Place the meat, onion, shallot, and garlic in a food processor and pulse until the meat is finely minced.
- In a small bowl whisk together the lime juice, fish sauce, chili flakes, and Swerve. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in the meat mixture and cook about 6-7 minutes until the meat turns golden brown. Add in the green onions and cook a minute longer. Pour the sauce over the mixture and stir to coat. Let carmelize for 1-2 minutes. Taste for salt and add a pinch if needed.
- To serve top with minced herbs and serve with lettuce cups and sliced cucumbers.