This Keto Jalapeño Popper Meatloaf is a show-stopper of a meatloaf. Stuffed with a cheesy jalapeño popper filling and wrapped in bacon this is a keto lovers' dream. Just be sure to add some veggies to your plate and a big side salad to balance out all this goodness.
Man oh man do we love this Keto Jalapeño Popper Meatloaf! We mean, what’s not to love? Meat, cheese, and jalapeños are a nearly perfect trifecta, right up there with Harry, Ron, and Hermione.
We recently ran a reader survey to see what you guys wanted to see more of on Cast Iron Keto. One question asks “What would make CIK better, in your opinion?”, and we were kind of caught off guard when not one, but multiple responses can in saying “fewer vegetables”.
Well, we’re not your mother and we're not going to force you to eat your veggies, but c’mon, can't we all agree that veggies are one of the most important things to eat for your health, even on keto? But for those of you who aren’t huge veggie fans, this recipe’s for you!
We respect the fact that we all keto (yes, we used “keto” as a verb right there) differently, but if you are new to keto or have the desire to incorporate more vegetables into your diet, we have included links to three great articles on the subject below.
- Low Carb Veggies: The Best Vegetable to Eat on a Keto Diet - Perfect Keto
- Keto Vegetables - The Best and The Worst - Diet Doctor
- The Best Low Carb Vegetables for Keto - Ruled Me
Keto Jalapeño Popper Meatloaf
- 2 lbs ground chicken
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 8 slices thin-cut bacon
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ¾ cup Mexican blend cheese
- 1 7 oz can diced pickled jalapeños
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- In a large bowl mix together the meatloaf ingredients until thoroughly mixed. Divide by half and place half in a 10.5″ cast iron skillet in the shape of a large meatloaf. Make a divot in the middle.
- In a medium bowl mix together the filling ingredients until combined, transfer to the center of the meatloaf then top it with the remaining meatloaf mixture. Press together the sides to seal in the filling.
- Wrap the bacon around the top of the meatloaf slightly tucking in the ends underneath the loaf.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 60-70 minutes until the bacon is crispy and the internal temperature reaches 165° F. Remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes before slicing.