This Keto Jalapeño Popper Meatloaf is a show-stopper of a meatloaf. Stuffed with a cheesy jalapeño popper filling and wrapped in bacon, this is a keto lovers' dream. Just be sure to add some veggies to your plate and a big side salad to balance out all this goodness.
This unique meatloaf recipe takes the classic dish to a whole new level by incorporating the flavors of a jalapeno popper into the mix. Wrapped in crispy bacon, each slice offers a deliciously smoky taste, perfectly complementing the spiciness of the jalapenos.
But seriously, this meatloaf is especially delicious with a side of Brussels sprouts or charred broccoli…or both!
- Preparation and cooking overview
- Chef's note
- 🍖 Ingredients for this jalapeno popper meatloaf recipe
- Ingredient substitutions
- Additional ingredients
- Cooking tools required
- Tools substitute options
- How to make Jalapeno Popper Meatloaf: step-by-step guide
- Cooking methods
- Preparation steps
- Cooking instructions
- How to make it healthier
- Time-saving tips
- What can I prepare ahead of time?
- Storage and reheating instructions
- Storage Instructions
- Reheating Instructions
- Recipe wrap-up and conclusion
- Frequently asked questions
- 📖 Recipe
Preparation and cooking overview
Making this Keto Jalapeno Popper Meatloaf is a breeze! Start by mixing together your meatloaf ingredients and shaping it in your favorite baking dish, leaving a cozy nook in the middle for the cheesy jalapeno filling. Then, wrap the meatloaf with a bacon blanket and bake until the bacon gets all crispy and the meatloaf is cooked through. It will be ready in about 1h and 30mins, so it's perfect for weekend cooking!
This keto meatloaf recipe is versatile, adaptable, and easily adjusted to suit your taste preferences. Feel free to experiment with different types of ground meat, such as beef or turkey, and adjust the heat level by using more or fewer jalapenos based on your spice tolerance.
🍖 Ingredients for this jalapeno popper meatloaf recipe
For the filling
If you're looking for some ingredient substitution options for this classic meatloaf in bacon, here are a few suggestions:
Add toppings of your choice to enhance the flavors of cream cheese meatloaf without disrupting your keto diet. Here are a few suggestions:
Cooking tools required
To make this Jalapeno Popper Meatloaf recipe, you'll need the following tools:
Tools substitute options
If you still need the exact cooking tools listed for the recipe, don't worry! Here are some substitute options that can help you get the job done:
How to make Jalapeno Popper Meatloaf: step-by-step guide
- Gather all the ingredients for the meatloaf, filling, and any additional toppings you plan to use.
- Measure the ingredients according to the recipe to have them ready.
- Preheat your oven to 400° F (200° C) so it's ready when needed.
- Collect all the required cooking tools, such as a cast iron skillet or baking dish, mixing bowls, meat thermometer, spatula, and oven mitts.
- Drain the pickled jalapenos and chop them if necessary.
- Clean your working surface and wash your hands to maintain proper cooking hygiene.
- Combine meatloaf ingredients: In a large mixing bowl, mix the ground chicken, eggs, almond flour, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt until thoroughly combined.
- Shape the meatloaf: Divide the meat mixture in half. Place one half in a 10.5-inch cast iron skillet or baking dish, shaping it into a large meatloaf form. Create a divot in the middle for the filling.
- Prepare the filling: In a separate medium-sized bowl, mix the cream cheese, Mexican blend cheese, and diced pickled jalapenos until well combined.
- Fill the meatloaf: Transfer the jalapeno popper filling to the divot in the center. Top it with the remaining mixture and press the sides to seal the filling.
- Wrap the meatloaf with bacon: Take the thin-cut bacon slices and wrap them around the top, slightly tucking in the ends underneath the loaf.
- Bake: Place the skillet or baking dish in the preheated oven and bake for 60-70 minutes or until the bacon is crispy. The internal temperature reaches 165° F (74° C). Use a meat thermometer to check the temperature.
- Cool and serve: Once cooked, remove it from the oven and allow it to cool for 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy your bacon-wrapped jalapeno popper meatloaf with the best smoky flavor!
Chef's pro tip
To ensure an even cooking and prevent the meatloaf from drying out, consider covering the skillet or baking dish with aluminum foil for the first 30-40 minutes of baking. This will help retain moisture and prevent the bacon from becoming too crispy too soon. After 40 minutes, remove the foil and continue baking uncovered to achieve the perfect crispiness for the bacon while keeping the meatloaf juicy and tender.
How to make it healthier
What can I prepare ahead of time?
Storage and reheating instructions
Recipe wrap-up and conclusion
Get ready to cozy up to our Keto Jalapeno Popper Meatloaf. It's a tasty mix of all your favorite things – a little spice, a little crunch, and a whole lot of flavor.
Think about this: juicy ground chicken filled with creamy, cheesy jalapeno goodness, all wrapped up in a crispy bacon blanket. Sounds pretty fantastic, right? This is a meal that's sure to bring smiles all around the dinner table.
And the best part? This meatloaf isn't just for your run-of-the-mill weeknight dinner. Nope, it's a real team player. Dress it up for those special get-togethers, or make it ahead of time for your weekly meal prep. It's a go-to addition to your keto recipe toolbox.
So go on, and serve yourself a hearty slice of this delicious meatloaf. It's not just a treat for your taste buds, but it also keeps you sailing smoothly on your keto journey. So here's to good food, good health, and happy cooking! Enjoy!
Frequently asked questions
Keto Jalapeño Popper Meatloaf
- 2 lbs ground chicken
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 8 slices thin-cut bacon
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ¾ cup Mexican blend cheese
- 1 7 oz can diced pickled jalapeños
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- In a large bowl mix together the meatloaf ingredients until thoroughly mixed. Divide by half and place half in a 10.5″ cast iron skillet in the shape of a large meatloaf. Make a divot in the middle.
- In a medium bowl mix together the filling ingredients until combined, transfer to the center of the meatloaf then top it with the remaining meatloaf mixture. Press together the sides to seal in the filling.
- Wrap the bacon around the top of the meatloaf slightly tucking in the ends underneath the loaf.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 60-70 minutes until the bacon is crispy and the internal temperature reaches 165° F. Remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
just made it. and it's DELICIOUS.
Can I sub ground beef for the chicken? What would that do to the macros?
Alex Lester says
You can! Just plug your ingredients into a free app or website to get the macros for you specific substitutions. We use the KetoDiet App.
Will fresh jalapeños work? BTW: happy to have found your site.
Alex Lester says
Totally, we just like the pickled flavor in this!
Susan Moore says
Made this tonight!!! So good! I used ground turkey instead of chicken! Delish!! Definitely putting it in our favorites!