This Keto Jalapeno Popper Chicken is a delicious and fun dinner option that’s low-carb, gluten-free, and grain-free and has all of your favorite jalapeño popper flavors!
This Jalapeno Popper Chicken is seriously amazing. It’s got the holy trinity of Keto, bacon, cheese, and chicken. I mean come, on what’s not to love about this recipe? Besides the fact that it’s super delicious and you only need 5-ingredients to make this dreamy recipe a reality, it’s got a nice little kick of spice in there from the jalapeño.
My Spicy Loving Background Story
Before my Keto days, I always enjoyed spicy snacks. Doritos, Cheetos, Fritos, and basically any other member of the -eto’s family, especially if they were of the flaming hot variety. Most evenings after a fast-food dinner I would sit down with a bag of chips, puffs, or sticks and browse Netflix. Before I knew it the whole bag would be gone, I was like a magician for making junk food disappear.
I had no idea how nutrition really affected my body at this point in my life, so I had no idea why I would sleep like crap and wake up with heartburn. I’m not talking about a little bit of heartburn that a Tums would take care of either. It was so bad that one night when I was still in college Lauren had to take me to urgent care because I literally thought I was having some sort of abnormal cardiac event.
Since changing my diet lifestyle I haven’t had any more issues like that, and I haven’t had the slightest touch of heartburn either, though I still consume spicy snack foods (jalapeños cheddar pork rinds) and plenty of meals that contain fresh peppers and spice.
Moving on, I feel as though there are a lot of misconceptions about protein on the Keto diet. Each individual’s protein needs may vary due to a variety of factors.
Occasionally while on Keto I will increase my protein intake and my personal diet would be best described as “pumped keto” which is their term Leanne Vogel uses in her book The Keto Diet: The Complete Guide to a High-Fat Diet.
You can check out more valuable resources concerning keto and protein by clicking on the links below.
- Healthful Pursuit – Protein Intake on Keto
- Keto Diet App – All You Need to Know About Protein on a Low-Carb Ketogenic Diet
- Perfect Keto – How I Fixed the Biggest Ketosis Mistakes
Now, let’s talk about how to make this delicious Jalapeno Popper Chicken!
To make this stuffed chicken breast you’ll need:
- chicken breasts (duh)
- cream cheese
- cheddar cheese
Want to kick the flavor up another notch? Try these tips:
- add ranch seasoning to the cream cheese mixture (recipe can be found here)
- add in some pickled jalapenos or pickled onions along with the fresh jalapenos
- brush the top of the bacon with ranch butter! (simple mix a tablespoon of butter with 2 teaspoons ranch seasoning)
Troubleshooting: Bacon not crispy?
If your bacon isn’t crispy turn your broiler to high and broil for a few minutes to crisp up the bacon. Be careful though, you don’t want it to burn so be sure to keep an eye on it!
How do you stuff a chicken breast?
There are two ways to stuff a chicken breast:
- you’ll make a slit in the side of the breast making sure to not cut all of the way through.
- OR, like this recipe you can butterfly or flatten the chicken and place your fillings in the middle, roll up, and secure with bacon or skewers.
What do you serve with Jalapeno Popper Chicken?
- side salad with ranch dressing
- Keto Charred Broccoli
- Mashed cauliflower
More Jalapeno Popper inspired recipes:
- Zucchini Boats Stuffed with Jalapeño Popper Chicken (keto)
- Keto Jalapeño Popper Meatloaf with Bacon!
- Jalapeño Popper Stuffed Mushrooms with Bacon
Jalapeno Popper Chicken
- 4 4oz chicken breasts
- 2 jalapeños
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 4 oz cheddar cheese
- 8 strips bacon
- Flatten chicken out to 1/2 inch thickness. Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Divide jalapeño and cheese equally between each chicken breast and roll the chicken tightly around filling.
- Wrap each chicken breast with 2 slices of bacon and place in skillet or oven safe baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until bacon is crispy on the outside and chicken is cooked through.