This easy skillet dinner of Keto Italian Sausage, Peppers, and Onions is flavorful, healthy, and quick! making it perfect for busy weeknights.
This Keto Italian Sausage, Peppers and Onion Skillet is literally one of my favorite meals. Is there a better smell in the world than cooking peppers and onion? Short answer, no there is not, fresh-cut grass is a close second though.
I’ve been eating more sausage than usual lately after discovering the best sausages in the world from Kiolbassa. I used the jalapeno beef flavor for the jambalaya I posted a few weeks back, but for this recipe, I used the roasted garlic and it really took it over the top.
Another reason I’ve been enjoying a lot more sausage than usual lately is because of the macros. Smoked sausages have a much better fat to protein ratio than other proteins. And that fat is awesome for those of us following a keto diet, and it’s also what makes these little links of joy so delicious too.
This is an easy 5-Ingredient recipe making it great for busy weeknights, plus it’s ready in just about 20 minutes.
Keto Italian Sausage, Peppers, and Onions
- 1 package Roasted Garlic Kiolbassa or your favorite sausage
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 small onion sliced
- 1 bell pepper sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 6oz can crushed tomatoes
- In a 10.5″ cast iron skillet over medium high heat, fry the sausages until browned. Remove and set aside.
- Add the oil to the skillet and add in the garlic, onion, and pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes until they start to soften. Add in the spices and cook another 30 seconds before adding in the tomatoes. Stir and taste for salt, add a pinch if necessary.
- Add the sausages back to the skillet and cook for3-4 minutes until hot. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Nutritional values are estimates only and do not include carbs from sugar alcohols.