This Keto Italian Chicken Skillet is super easy with minimal ingredients making it perfect for busy weeknights or meal-prep Sundays.
This Keto Italian Chicken Skillet has got to be one of the easiest and most flavorful recipes on Cast Iron Keto. It utilizes an Italian dressing (we like Primal Kitchen, because of the avocado oil) to keep things super simple. It is also dairy-free, which is great for those looking to decrease the amount of dairy in their diet or those with lactose issues.
For so few ingredients this recipe is surprisingly delicious. The tender chicken, broccoli, and cherry tomatoes that literally burst with flavor on every bite make this a great staple dinner. Then there is the spinach. Which always looks like there is a metric ton piled high in the skillet and then five minutes later…” where’d the spinach go?” as well as the nutritional powerhouse that is avocado oil (which has received prescription drug status in France for its health-promoting benefits) that rounds it out.
Also, can we all just take a minute to admire how awesome that Finex Skillet is? The good folks up in Portland, Oregon that make these skillets sent us this one to try out and so far we absolutely love it.
We really feel like this recipe is the gold standard for quick easy keto recipes. It makes a great lunch or even snack because even though it’s relatively low in calories, it’s packed with healthy fats, muscle-building protein, and just a few carbs from those nutrient-dense veggies.
Keto Italian Chicken Skillet
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- 1 lb chicken breast or thighs cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cup broccoli florets
- 2 cups baby spinach
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons Italian dressing we use Primal Kitchen
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- Heat the oil in a large 10.5″ skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper then add to the skillet. Brown 2-3 minutes per side.
- Add the broccoli to the skillet and cook 5 minutes until starting to soften.
- Add the spinach to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally until wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Pour in the dressing along with the tomatoes and cook just until the tomatoes start to burst, serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.