This Keto Flourless Chocolate Torte is decadent, sweet, AND low-carb. It’s a great keto dessert for special occasions or just a random Tuesday.
I’m so excited to share this Keto Flourless Chocolate Torte with you guys. Not only because it is the definition of decadent, but also because it is part of my favorite time of year, Five-Ingredient February (which means it’s also just in time for Valentine’s Day).
On my third date with Lauren, I cooked dinner for her. Though she denies it, I’m pretty sure that was the exact moment she fell in love with me. I didn’t have the skills to pull off a flourless chocolate cake then so I bought a pecan pie instead. After I got it home I took it out of the packaging and put it in the oven so it appeared to be homemade. This torte is obviously homemade but it’s just as easy.
As always, just because I cook/bake in a cast-iron skillet doesn’t mean you have to. Any similar-sized cake pan or oven-safe baking dish will work just fine. The only difference is you may end up with square servings of cake rather than slices. Otherwise, the only thing you may need to adjust is baking time depending on the size of your bakeware. I know some folks are hesitant to cook certain things in cast iron because it supposedly holds onto flavors, but if your pan is well-seasoned you need not worry.
This flourless chocolate cake is perfect for any type of celebration; romantic date night, birthdays, Fridays, you name it.
Keto Pro Tip:
Are you ready for this?… Your mind is about to be blown. Take your leftovers and smush them all together, then roll out into smaller truffle sized balls. That allowed me to fit small bites of cake into my mouth macros easier. Just divide the nutritional information of the leftovers by the number of balls and voila, quick easy bite-sized chocolatey goodness. It also works awesome as a road trip snack since the balls are more portable than a slice of cake, no fork needed.
Keto Flourless Chocolate Torte
- 16 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 15 oz Lilys chocolate chips
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup powdered Swerve
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cocoa powder for dusting
- Line a 10.5″ skillet with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 350°.
- In a medium bowl melt the chocolate and butter together in the microwave in 30-second increments until smooth and glossy.
- In another medium bowl with a handheld mixer beat the eggs, sugar, vanilla, and salt together until airy, about 8 minutes.
- Fold the chocolate into the egg mixture just until mixed. Pour the batter into the skillet and transfer to the oven.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes just until set, the middle should be slightly soft. Cool completely before removing from the pan to serve. Dust with cocoa if desired.
Nutritional values are estimates only and do not include carbs from sugar alcohols.