This Keto Dutch Baby is a delicious low-carb breakfast! The topping ideas are endless, use your imagination!
If you thought keto meant no more pancakes, think again - meet the Keto Dutch Baby. The Dutch Baby is also known as a German pancake and it’s similar in several ways to a traditional pancake with the main difference being that it is finished in the oven rather than on the stovetop. This gives the pancake a light, airy, and puffy texture that is something many keto recipes don’t achieve. A lot of the other recipes like this we have tried have turned out either really dense or really dry, but this one is just right.
If this dish were a blockbuster summer movie the Keto Dutch Baby itself would be the star of the show, but the toppings are like the executive producer and the director. The blackberries and macadamia nuts pair great together with just a touch of sweetness from the berries and the buttery flavor from the nuts.
Other Keto Dutch Baby topping ideas:
- sugar-free chocolate chips
- powdered "sugar"
- fresh berries
- keto caramel sauce
- homemade sugar-free jam
- keto-friendly maple syrup
read more about the health benefits of blackberries and macadamia nuts:
Looking for more Keto Breakfast Recipes? Check these out!
Keto Dutch Baby
- 3 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar-free sweetener
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg or flax egg for plant-based
- 3 tablespoons almond milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon butter or coconut oil for plant-based
- 6 blackberries
- ½ ounce macadamia nuts chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. Place the butter into a small (5 or 6 inch) cast iron skillet and melt over low heat.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together the almond flour, Swerve, salt, egg, almond milk, and vanilla until smooth. Carefully pour into the skillet and transfer to oven. Bake for 10 minutes then top with macadamia nuts and blackberries.