This easy keto cranberry sauce is fresh and healthy without any of the junky ingredients found in canned varieties. It’s perfect for your holiday dinner! Gluten-Free, Vegan, Low-Carb, Sugar-Free
I’ll admit, I didn’t grow up loving cranberry sauce. The jiggly canned gelatin-like stuff was enough to turn my stomach. This Keto Cranberry Sauce though is completely different than the canned stuff of the past and an absolute staple to any low-carb holiday meal.
This tangy and spiced low-carb cranberry sauce is just so delicious and a breeze to make. Seriously, you’ll never buy store-bought cranberry sauce again. It’s definitely one of our favorite keto side dish recipes.
We jazzed up our classic recipe with grapefruit juice and peel along with warming spices like cinnamon and clove. The grapefruit juice adds a very trivial amount of net carbs to the recipe but if you wish, you can always just use water.
Our original recipe called for orange zest but we’re loving the extra floral note the grapefruit lends to the sauce. You can always opt for orange zest if you prefer.
Ingredients in Keto Cranberry Sauce
- fresh cranberries – you can totally use frozen but maybe reduce the liquid a bit to account for the moisture in frozen ones.
- 1/4 cup fresh grapefruit juice
- Zest of 1/2 grapefruit – you can cut the peel into thin strips or use a normal grater
- 1/4 cup allulose – we find that allulose works better than powdered sweeteners or monk fruit in this recipe
- Sprig fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cinnamon stick (optional but pretty!)
- Pinch whole cloves
- Pinch salt
How to make Keto Friendly Cranberry Sauce
Are you ready for this?? It’s literally, wait for it, just ONE step. Really, that’s all!
- Combine all of the ingredients in a medium-sized cast-iron skillet and simmer (don’t bring to a boil) over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until thick and glossy, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and serve or store.
Can I use frozen cranberries instead of fresh?
Yes, you can! Just be sure to reduce the liquid a bit, maybe even skipping the grapefruit juice entirely, if you’re using frozen cranberries.
How long can you store Keto Sugar-Free Cranberry Sauce?
You can store cranberry sauce for up to 5 days in a covered container in the refrigerator.
Making homemade Cranberry Sauce for a crowd
Cranberries cook down quite a bit so if you’re cooking for a crowd this recipe is easily doubled or tripled. You can make the sauce in batches or opt to use a Dutch oven instead of a skillet so you can make more at one time.
Are cranberries healthy?
Did you know that cranberries have very high levels of antioxidants packing in more antioxidants ounce-for-ounce than other “superfoods,” such as spinach, blueberries, and green tea? Pretty awesome! Check out the links below for more info on what makes cranberries so great:
Looking for more Keto holiday recipes? Check these out!
Keto Cranberry Sauce
- 12 ounces cranberries fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup allulose
- 1/4 cup grapefruit juice
- 1/4 cup water
- Zest of half a grapefruit
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 3-4 whole cloves or a pinch of ground clove
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch sea salt
- 1-2 cinnamon sticks optional
- Combine all of the ingredients in a 10" or larger cast-iron skillet over medium heat.
- Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally, until thick and glossy, about 10 minutes. Refrigerate until ready to serve.