These Keto Chipotle Chicken Avocado BLT’s are a delicious way to satisfy a sandwich craving!
This Keto Chipotle Chicken Avocado BLT is a total game-changer. We used the Ultimate Keto Buns from the Keto Diet App to make this sandwich, an actual sandwich instead of a lettuce wrap, which is a nice change to change things up. The buns are super easy and the rest of the sandwich is as simple as it gets.
We’ve recently been experimenting with OMAD (one meal a day) to simplify things. This Keto Chipotle Chicken Avocado BLT is our perfect meal to break a long fast and pack in plenty of fat and protein in the process. It's perfect for busy days!
In this SANDWICH, we have:
- crispy bacon
- grilled chicken
- red onion
- pepper jack cheese
- chipotle mayo
How good does that sound?! It reminds us of a similar sandwhich we used to get at Panera Bread, too delicious!
Want to turn this into a panini?
Obviously, the answer is YES! To do so, simply smear the outsides of the bun with a but of plain mayonnaise, heat a bit of butter in your skillet, then cook for a few minutes per side while weighing down the sandwich with a grill press until the bread is golden. Slice in half and serve. You'll think you died and went to heaven it's so good.
Give it a try and let us know what you think in the comment section below 😃
Keto Chipotle Chicken Avocado BLT’s
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 (5-ounce) chicken breasts
- 1 avocado sliced
- ¼ red onion thinly sliced
- 2 slices tomato
- 6 leaves butter lettuce or other leafy green
- 2 slices Pepper Jack cheese
- 2 keto buns we use this recipe
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoons minced chipotle in adobo sauce
- Fry the bacon in a 10″ or larger cast iron skillet until crispy, remove and reserve the fat in the skillet.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper, place in the skillet with the bacon fat over medium heat. Cook chicken about 5-7 minutes per side until cooked through.
- In a small bowl mix together the chipotle mayo. Toast the buns if desired.
- Assemble the sandwiches and dig in!
notes above in the blog posts about OMAD and
how we incorporate meals like this in our day.
This recipe has perfect keto macros so it works
great as a centerpiece of an OMAD plan.
john anderson says
I want to smash this sandwich!! It look delicious though except for the onion ;). I have a video for describing the benifits of a good keto diet on youtube https://youtu.be/8MHEuPRf6k4
let me know what you think!