This Keto Baba Ganoush (Charred Eggplant Dip) is a rich and delicious dip that’s perfect with sliced cucumbers or keto pita chips!
To go along with our Keto Pita Chips we figured we needed a delicious Keto Baba Ganoush to scoop up and man, this one is perfect.
We're all for delicious dips and to up the flavors, we start by charring the eggplant and the serrano peppers under the broiler until the skin is charred and the inner eggplant is tender. Then we chop that all up and mix with garlic, cumin, lemon, cayenne pepper, and tahini.
The result is a rich and delicious dip that’s perfect for the keto diet. With only 4.5g net carbs per serving and over 80% fat is perfect for low-carb / high-fat macros.
How to serve Keto Baba Ganoush:
- This dip is also delicious served alongside grilled chicken or tempeh
- Or how about a salad with fresh greens, grilled chicken with an herbed sauce, avocado, sesame seeds and a piece of low-carb pita bread? Yeah, that sounds awesome!
- Serve it up with sliced cucumbers
- Tucked into pita bread with thinly shaved meat or tofu, pickled onions, greens, and herbs
- Scooped up with Keto Pita Chips
However you decide to serve this tasty dip we can guarantee you're going to love it!
Keto Baba Ganoush
This Keto Baba Ganoush (Charred Eggplant Dip) is a rich and delicious dip that’s perfect with sliced cucumbers or keto pita chips!Print Rate Pin Recipe
- 2 lbs globe eggplants halved
- 1 serrano pepper halved
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 3 tablespoons roasted tahini
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Sea salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil for topping
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced parsley for garnish
- Preheat the oven broiler. Cut the ends off the eggplant and quarter the eggplant lengthwise, halve the serrano pepper and place both in a large 10.5” or larger cast-iron skillet. Drizzle the 2 tablespoons avocado oil over the eggplant and serrano.
- Transfer to the oven and broil 25 minutes, flipping halfway through. Transfer to a cutting board and chop the eggplant, skin and all until finely minced.
- Transfer to a large bowl and mix the eggplant and serrano with the tahini, minced garlic, cumin, lemon juice, lemon zest, and cayenne. Season with salt to taste. To serve, spread into a bowl and top with olive oil and fresh parsley. Serve with fresh vegetables like sliced cucumber or Keto Pita Chips.
Keto Baba Ganoush
Amount Per Serving
Calories 143 Calories from Fat 108
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 2g13%
Vitamin A 101IU2%
Vitamin C 6mg7%
Nutritional values are estimates only and do not include carbs from sugar alcohols.
# Hashtag with us!Don't forget to mention @castiron_keto or tag #castironketo on Instagram with your creations! We love seeing what you're making.
No Mention of where we include the tahini. Also I’m using a 12 inch pan but still barely any room for this much eggplant
I feel like maybe I am missing a second page to the recipe?
Nancy Ess says
Tahini is just mixed in with everything else. I make my baba ghanoush with the eggplant, tahini, garlic, lemon juice, a little olive oil and maybe a little salt.
I don't measure, though.
You don't mention what the serving size is