These Keto Buffalo Chicken Meatballs make a great low-carb appetizer or snack! They’re also great with mashed cauliflower as an entree.
There are few things in this world I love more than buffalo chicken and blue (bleu?) cheese. If I honestly sat down and made a list of my favorite things, buffalo chicken would fall somewhere between 80’s music and rock climbing. On the other hand, one of my least favorite things is having buffalo sauce (or any food particles) smeared across my face. This may not be an issue for the majority of the population but I’m a messy eater. I’ve ruined countless t-shirts and on one particular instance even had buffalo sauce in my hair, don’t ask. Enter these Keto Buffalo Chicken Meatballs, not only are they tasty but they’re also WAY less messy than buffalo wings.
Anyways, these Keto Buffalo Chicken Meatballs pack all the flavor of wings but it saves me from having to put down a drop cloth and strap on a bib before dinner.
If your local grocery store sells ground chicken in their meat department it can save you a lot of time and effort than grinding your own. The last time I made these, I had to grind the chicken in a Vitamix and while it was effective, it was also one of the most aggravating things to clean. Oh, and easy to clean up meals are also on the list of my favorite things, just below Jurassic Park (the original, not the sequels). This really is one of the easiest and most delicious recipes on CIK. The deliciousness to effort ratio is right where I like it for a quick and easy weeknight meal the whole family will love.
Blue cheese can be somewhat polarizing because of it’s general funkiness. To me though, it’s the crown jewel of buffalo chicken meals. I talked a lot about the surprising health benefits of blue cheese in my keto chicken wings post, here is an excerpt:
“Blue cheese is a good source of protein, potassium, and calcium, but it’s the moldy blue veins that run through it that really pack a healthy punch. Those veins are where you’ll find the probiotics that help break down food in your body and support a healthy digestive tract. Studies have also shown blue cheese to have anti-inflammatory and immune-boosting effects.”
Check out these other resources to read more about the interesting health benefits of blue cheese:
- What Are the Health Benefits of Blue Cheese?
- 10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Blue Cheese
- What Are the Health Benefits of Blue Stilton Bacteria?
Keto Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1/2 red bell pepper minced
- 2 green onions minced
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter divided
- 1 cup Franks RedHot
- 1/4 cup blue cheese
- 1 green onion chopped
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- Mix chicken, red bell pepper, green onion, mayonnaise, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, and salt together in a large bowl. Roll the mixture into 16 meatballs.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Fry meatballs 3-4 minutes per side until golden and the internal temperature reaches 165° F.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoons of butter to the skillet along with the hot sauce. Toss with meatballs. Top with toppings and serve.