This Keto 7 Layer Dip is made low-carb and keto-friendly by swapping out the traditional refried bean layer for taco meat! A great appetizer or party food!
This Keto 7 Layer Dip is always a popular appetizer at any gathering but we're making this keto-friendly by swapping out the bean layer with our Keto Taco Meat and using puffy pork rinds for scooping instead of tortilla chips. Now everyone can enjoy this tasty classic! The best part? This dip is ready in less than 30 minutes making it super easy to whip up.
This dip is perfect for holidays, game day, the Super Bowl, church potlucks, or any event where appetizers and finger foods are the star of the show.
What are the 7 layers in this Keto 7 Layer Dip recipe?
- taco meat - ground beef, taco seasoning mix, and crushed tomatoes [recipe here] You can also make this plant-based, see notes below.
- sour cream - the full-fat kind!
- guacamole - use premade for ease
- pico de gallo - use premade or another jarred salsa to save time!
- Mexican blend cheese - or straight cheddar cheese
- shredded lettuce - you can also use shredded cabbage which holds up better than lettuce if you have leftovers
- black olives - don't like olives? See below for another option
Can I use a different Protein than beef?
Yep! Any ground meat will work perfectly here, as would diced chicken! You could even do a 7 Layer Shrimp Taco Dip!
Can I swap out any of the layers for other ingredients?
Sure thing! Don't like olives? Swap them for halved cherry tomatoes or green onions. Don't have pico de gallo on had? Use any regular sugar-free salsa! Have queso instead of sour cream? Pour it on!
Two easy steps, right this way 👇
- Swap the beef for a plant-based substitute like Beyond Meat
- Use a dairy-free sour cream and shredded cheese
Can I make this Keto 7 layer dip ahead of time?
That's the joy of 7 layer dip right? Yes, you can most definitely make this a day or so ahead of time! Just be sure to drain the lime juice water out of the pico de gallo really well so that the dip doesn't turn watery.
What should I serve this in?
You can serve this straight from your skillet or opt for a clear glass dish to be able to see all of the layers more easily.
Is 7 Layer Dip healthy?
We've got protein, healthy fats, and it's low carb so according to our standards yes, this dip is healthy.
What is the nutrition for this Keto 7 Layer Dip?
As always, you can find the full nutritional breakdown including the carb count (total carbs and net carbs) at the bottom of the recipe card. You can find the serving size/yield at the top of the recipe card. You should always double-check your specific ingredients as different brand's ingredients may have different values.
Keto 7 Layer Dip
- 1 batch keto taco meat
- 12 ounces sour cream
- 12 ounces guacamole
- 12 ounces pico de gallo drained
- 1 ½ cups Mexican blend cheese
- 1 ½ cup shredded lettuce
- 4 ounces sliced black olives
- Layer the ingredients from bottom to top in the order listed above.
Is this 3.9 net carbs for the entire dish? You don't mention a serving size.
Alex Lester says
Hi Linda, you can find the serving amount at the top of each recipe card. The nutritional information is for one serving.
Do you serve this cold because it has lettuce or warm because of the beef??
Alex Lester says
You can serve it either way. Typically, we chill it before serving.