This Keto Egg Roll in a Bowl is packed with all your favorite egg roll flavors and ingredients. Cabbage, pork, shrimp, green onions, and seasoning make this a 20-minute low-carb recipe you'll make again and again!
This Keto Egg Roll in a Bowl is one of our go-to lunch recipes or easy weeknight dinner go-to. It’s quick, easy, and perfectly packable, and not to mention it’s delicious.
It’s got everything you could ever really want in a meal too. Plenty of fat from the avocado oil, protein from the pork and shrimp, all sorts of beneficial fiber from the cabbage slaw, and the perfect amount of savory sauciness from the tamari.
This recipe is perfect for days when you are in a hurry and need something quick or to make ahead of time on your weekly meal prep day.
What's in a Keto Egg Roll in a Bowl?
- cabbage (we use a pre-packaged slaw mixture)
- green onions
- ground pork
- baby shrimp
- spices (ground ginger, ground garlic)
- tamari (or soy sauce if not gluten free)
- avocado oil (or other oil suitable for high heat cooking - lard, tallow, coconut oil, ghee, or algae oil)
What other meat can I use?
Don't like pork or shrimp? No worries! Here are a few more ideas to add to your Keto Egg Roll in a Bowl:
- ground or diced, or sliced beef
- ground, cubed, or sliced chicken
- sliced pork
- shitake mushrooms
Does an egg roll have an egg in it? Can I add egg?
An egg roll is called an egg roll due to the traditional egg roll wrapper used to wrap the fillings. That wrapper traditionally has an egg in it. If you want to add egg to your Keto Egg Roll in a Bowl then go right ahead! It will taste similar to Keto Fried Rice!
Other Keto Low Carb Asian inspired recipes:
Keto Egg Roll in a Bowl
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- ½ lb ground pork
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ pound shrimp
- 1 12oz package slaw mix
- 3 green onions chopped
- ¼ cup tamari
- Heat the oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Add the pork and the spices to the skillet and brown, crumbling with a wooden spoon or spatula for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the shrimp and cook just until they start to turn pink. Add in the slaw and cook until slightly soft, about 4 minutes. Add in the green onions, cook a minute longer.
- Pour in the tamari and cook about 1 more minute just until the tamari starts to caramelize and evaporate. Serve immediately or store covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Kathy Fletcher says
Would a broccoli slaw mix be a good substitute in this recipe?
Cast Iron Keto says
Too salty. I adjusted the recipe and used 1 T avocado oil, 1/4 tsp garlic salt, 1 T Tamari and one head of cabbage and served in lettuce wraps.
ERMAGERD! This egg roll in a bowl is super delicious, incredibly easy to prepare and has minimal ingredients. I can't believe there's only one rating for this recipe because this checks all the boxes for a satisfying, yummy weeknight meal. Thank you for posting; this satisfied a serious jonz for Chinese food that I've been trying to fulfill, unsuccessfully, for several weeks now.