This Cider Braised Sausage and Fennel is a great low-carb recipe made in a single skillet. The perfect one-pot wonder!
This Cider Braised Sausage and Fennel recipe is sponsored by our friends at Kiolbassa Smoked Meats.
We absolutely love fennel. Multiple times per week you can find us roasting it with fresh citrus, spicy peppers, and a good glug of olive oil. It's melt in your mouth delicious and when paired with our favorite Roasted Garlic Smoked Sausage from Kiolbassa? Well, that's just a match made in heaven.
To make this super simple recipe, you'll start by searing the sausages until they're nice and golden. Golden = flavor. Then, you'll braise the fennel in the same pan with a touch of dry hard cider (you can also use dry white wine or vegetable stock) until it's nice and tender. Top it all off with some freshly shaved parmesan cheese and a touch of lemon and you've got one epic meal.
Be sure to reserve a few fennel fronds for garnishing too. Not only do they add a vibrant pop of color but a fresh taste of fennel as well.
Want to make this even better? Try adding a few roasted garlic cloves before serving. They pair perfectly with the rich flavor of the Roasted Garlic Smoked Sausage that's made with all-natural ingredients, spices, and herbs. Yum!
LOOKING FOR OTHER RECIPES MADE WITH KIOLBASSA SMOKED MEATS DELICIOUS SAUSAGES AND CHORIZO? CHECK THESE OUT ↓
Cider Braised Sausage and Fennel
- 1 package Kiolbassa Roasted Garlic Smoked Sausages
- 2 fennel bulbs cut into ½ inch thick slices
- ¼ cup avocado oil divided
- ½ cup dry hard apple cider
- 1 lemon grated and juiced
- ¼ cup sliced Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place a 10” or larger cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Drizzle in 1 tablespoon of oil and brown the sausages for 3-4 minutes per side until browned. Set aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan. When hot and working in batches, add the fennel to the pan in a single layer and brown for 3-4 minutes per side until golden. Remove and repeat with remaining fennel
- Add all of the fennel and sausages back to the skillet along with the cider, lemon rind, and juice and bring to a boil. Bring to a simmer, covered, for about 7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and remove the solids with a slotted spoon and place on a serving tray. Bring the sauce to a boil until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the sausage and fennel and top with parmesan to serve.
Excellent. I used a mix of Italian fennel sausage and bratwursts.
I tried it and it was very tasty. Thanks for sharing this delicious recipe.