This Caramel Chai Spiced Pumpkin Cake is deliciously perfect for fall! It's gluten-free, plant-based, and low-carb!
THIS Caramel Chai Spice Pumpkin Cake IS SPONSORED BY OUR FRIENDS AT BOB’S RED MILL.
We're always looking for tasty ways to use our Keto Caramel Sauce and this Caramel Chai Spiced Pumpkin Cake is near perfect! We also love a good base recipe and after perfecting this Blueberry Hot Fudge Cake we knew that we had to do a pumpkin version for fall!
While it may not be quite fall yet, we're starting to see pumpkins pop up at the market. And, let's be honest, we never really need an excuse for pumpkin, fall or not.
Same as the lava cake, to get the perfect texture, we went with one of our favorite flour combos, Bob’s Red Mill Super Fine Almond Flour, Organic Coconut Flour, and Organic Brown Flaxseed Meal. Using both the almond flour and coconut flour together is one of our best tricks to mimic all-purpose flour. The flaxseed makes a perfect egg replacer too.
We love the warm chai notes from the chai spice but you could also go the classic route and use pumpkin pie spice, it will be delicious either way.
If you give this recipe a try, be sure to tag @castiron_keto and @bobsredmill on Instagram!
Caramel Chai Spiced Pumpkin Cake
- 1 ¼ cups Bob's Red Mill Super-Fine Almond Flour
- ¼ cup Bob's Red Mill Organic Coconut Flour
- 1 cup brown erythritol
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons Bob's Red Mill Organic Brown Flaxseed Meal + 5 tablespoons warm water
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup unsweetened plain almond milk
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon chai spice
- 1 batch keto caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- In a large bowl, mix together all of the ingredients except the caramel sauce.
- Transfer the batter to an 8" cast-iron skillet or baking dish. Carefully transfer to the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before topping with caramel sauce, slice and serve