Say hello to our Caramel Chai Spiced Pumpkin Cake recipe! This treat is a delightful fusion of moist, scrumptious cake and an exotic blend of pumpkin and chai spice flavors. Topped off with a delectable caramel glaze, it's the sweet ending you've been craving. This cake is an excellent dessert choice for any gathering, from casual get-togethers to special celebrations. So, don't wait - whip up this crowd-pleaser for your loved ones today!
THIS Caramel Chai Spice Pumpkin Cake IS SPONSORED BY OUR FRIENDS AT BOB’S RED MILL.
We're always looking for tasty ways to use our Keto Caramel Sauce, and this Caramel Chai Spiced Pumpkin Cake is near perfect!
Same as the lava cake, to get the perfect texture, we went with one of our favorite flour combos, Bob’s Red Mill Super Fine Almond Flour, Organic Coconut Flour, and Organic Brown Flaxseed Meal. Using both almond flour and coconut flour together is one of our best tricks to mimic all-purpose flour. The flaxseed makes a perfect egg replacer too.
- Preparation and cooking overview
- Chef's note
- 🥧 Ingredients for this spiced pumpkin cake recipe
- Ingredient substitutions
- Additional ingredients
- Cooking tools required
- Tools substitute options
- How to make Caramel Chai Spiced Pumpkin Cake: step-by-step guide
- Cooking methods
- Preparation steps
- Cooking instructions
- How to make it healthier
- Time-saving tips
- What can I prepare ahead of time?
- Storage and reheating instructions
- Recipe wrap-up and conclusion
- Frequently asked questions
- 📖 Recipe
Preparation and cooking overview
Whipping up this Caramel Chai Spiced Pumpkin Cake is a breeze - it's all about combining the right ingredients to create an incredibly moist, flavorful, and dairy-free cake. From prepping the ingredients to letting the cake cool down post-baking, you're looking at a total time of about 60 minutes to bring this sweet, spicy, and keto-friendly dessert to life.
This Caramel Chai Spiced Pumpkin Cake combines almond and coconut flours for a moist and tender texture, but sticking to the recipe and using the recommended brands is crucial due to the unique nature of these flours. Erythritol doesn't have the same aftertaste as other sugar alcohols, making it a preferred choice among bakers, but feel free to explore other sweeteners until you find your favorite.
🥧 Ingredients for this spiced pumpkin cake recipe
While this recipe is already a delightful fusion of flavors, feel free to experiment with the following substitutions:
Want to take your Spiced Pumpkin Cake to the next level? Here are some options:
Cooking tools required
To make this Caramel Chai Spiced Pumpkin Cake recipe, you'll need the following tools:
Tools substitute options
How to make Caramel Chai Spiced Pumpkin Cake: step-by-step guide
- Start by ensuring you have all your ingredients in one place. A well-organized kitchen means less stress and more fun!
- Preheat the oven, set the temperature to 350°F (180°C) while preparing the batter.
- Grease an 8-inch round cake pan with butter or cooking spray and line it with parchment paper. The grease will ensure your cake doesn't stick to the pan and comes out perfectly.
- Mix the dry ingredients: Take a large mixing bowl, and whisk the almond flour, coconut flour, brown erythritol, baking powder, sea salt, and chai spice until evenly combined.
- Prepare the flaxseed "eggs": Combine the flaxseed meal and warm water in a small bowl. Let it stay on the counter for about 5 minutes to thicken. This flaxseed mixture will work magic as an egg substitute, giving your cake a moist and tender crumb.
- Combine the wet ingredients: Take another bowl to mix the pumpkin puree, almond milk, flaxseed, and vanilla extract.
- Unite the dry and wet ingredients: Gradually fold the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and mix gently until just combined.
- Pour the batter: Use a nonstick cooking spray to grease the 8-inch round cake pan. Then, gently pour the cake batter into the pan. Take a rubber spatula to level the top.
- Bake the cake: Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Place the pan with the batter in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes. Do a toothpick test. Insert a toothpick in the center of the cake. If it comes out clean, it is cooked.
- Cool and serve: Once done, let the cake cool completely before removing and drizzling with the keto caramel sauce. Be patient, use a wooden pick to test the cake, and cool it down. Now, it's time to slice, serve, and enjoy fall's sweet and spicy flavors.
Chef's pro tip
How to make it healthier
What can I prepare ahead of time?
Storage and reheating instructions
Recipe wrap-up and conclusion
This cake is a testament that restrictions don't mean sacrificing flavor. With its warming chai spices, sweet caramel glaze, and the wholesome goodness of pumpkin, you've got a dessert that's not only friendly to your dietary goals but also an absolute crowd-pleaser. Go ahead and bake this beauty, it's a piece of cake, literally!
Frequently asked questions
If you give this recipe a try, be sure to tag @castiron_keto and @bobsredmill on Instagram!
Caramel Chai Spiced Pumpkin Cake
- 1 ¼ cups Bob's Red Mill Super-Fine Almond Flour
- ¼ cup Bob's Red Mill Organic Coconut Flour
- 1 cup brown erythritol
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons Bob's Red Mill Organic Brown Flaxseed Meal + 5 tablespoons warm water
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup unsweetened plain almond milk
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon chai spice
- 1 batch keto caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- In a large bowl, mix together all of the ingredients except the caramel sauce.
- Transfer the batter to an 8" cast-iron skillet or baking dish. Carefully transfer to the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before topping with caramel sauce, slice and serve