Get ready to amaze your taste buds with our delicious Cajun Chicken Alfredo Pasta recipe. A tasty medley of Cajun-spiced "chicken," creamy alfredo sauce, and perfectly cooked pasta will leave you satisfied and wanting more. So, buckle up and join us on this delicious adventure as we combine the vibrant flavors of Cajun seasoning, creamy Alfredo sauce, and the perfect pasta texture from our beloved Kaizen Pasta. Trust us, once you try this dish, you'll be hooked!
- Preparation and cooking overview
- Chef's note
- 🍝 Ingredients for this Cajun chicken alfredo pasta recipe
- Ingredient substitutions
- Additional ingredients
- Cooking tools required
- Tools substitute options
- How to make Cajun "Chicken" Alfredo Pasta: step-by-step guide
- Cooking methods
- Preparation steps
- Cooking instructions
- A note on net carbs
- What to serve with Cajun chicken Alfredo?
- How to make it healthier
- Time-saving tips
- What can I prepare ahead of time?
- Storage and reheating instructions
- Storage instructions
- Reheating instructions
- Recipe wrap-up and conclusion
- Frequently asked questions
- 📖 Recipe
Preparation and cooking overview
To whip up this incredible dish, cook the Kaizen pasta according to the package instructions. Meanwhile, cook the Cajun-spiced Daring "Chicken" with sliced onion in a cast-iron skillet until it's irresistibly crispy. Next, toss in some fresh baby spinach, cherry tomatoes, spices, hot sauce, and Alfredo sauce, and gently fold in the cooked pasta. In less than 20 minutes, you'll have an irresistible pasta dish that'll make your taste buds dance with joy.
Take it up a notch by sautéing some jalapeños or serranos with the onion for a burst of fiery flavor. If you're feeling adventurous, throw in a few minced cloves of garlic or some sautéed mushrooms to create a delightful depth of taste.
🍝 Ingredients for this Cajun chicken alfredo pasta recipe
You can add these ingredients to enhance the flavor of the dish:
Cooking tools required
To make this cajun chicken pasta recipe you will need the following tools:
Tools substitute options
How to make Cajun "Chicken" Alfredo Pasta: step-by-step guide
- Gather and measure all the ingredients required for this recipe.
- Thinly slice the yellow onion.
- Wash and prepare the fresh baby spinach by removing any tough stems.
- Wash the cherry tomatoes and cut them in half.
- Grate the Parmesan cheese for topping.
- Using a large pot, bring water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Once cooked, drain the pasta and set it aside.
- Heat avocado oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the Cajun "Chicken" to the skillet and cook it according to the package instructions until it becomes crispy. Add the thinly sliced yellow onion to the skillet and cook for 4-5 minutes until softened. Next, add the fresh baby spinach and cherry tomatoes to the skillet, along with the cajun seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, and sea salt. Cook for a few minutes until the spinach is wilted.
- Stir in the hot sauce and Primal Kitchen Alfredo sauce, making sure all the ingredients are well combined.
- Gently fold in the cooked pasta, ensuring that it is evenly coated with the sauce and ingredients in the skillet.
- Sprinkle freshly grated Parmesan cheese, flaky sea salt, and freshly cracked black pepper on top.
Chef's pro tip
Here's a cool tip for making awesome pasta! To ensure your pasta doesn't get overcooked, just cook it al dente. All you have to do is follow the instructions on the package and test the pasta a couple of minutes before the recommended cooking time. When it's al dente, it will still have a slight firmness and give this dish the perfect texture.
A note on net carbs
While this recipe isn't technically keto, as it has roughly 15 net carbs per serving, we think there's a place for recipes on CIK that are more low-carb than keto. You could slash some carbs by forgoing the onion.
What to serve with Cajun chicken Alfredo?
How to make it healthier
What can I prepare ahead of time?
Storage and reheating instructions
If you have some leftover Cajun "Chicken" Alfredo pasta, no worries! Follow these ways to store it and reheat it later.
Store any leftover pasta in an airtight box in the refrigerator. It is best consumed within 3-4 days for optimal freshness and taste. Avoid freezing the dish, as the texture of the pasta and sauce may change upon thawing, compromising the overall quality.
Recipe wrap-up and conclusion
And there you have it, a lip-smacking Cajun "Chicken" Alfredo Pasta dish bursting with flavors! With its zesty "chicken," aromatic spices, and velvety alfredo sauce, each bite will be a celebration of flavors. So go ahead, grab a fork, and dive into this amazing creation that will leave you wanting more. Share it with your family and friends; they will be impressed with your culinary skills!
Bring out your inner chef and recreate this incredible recipe in your kitchen. Follow the steps, unleash your creativity, and let your taste buds dance with joy. Feel free to add your own twists and variations to make it uniquely yours.
Frequently asked questions
Cajun Chicken Alfredo Pasta
- 1 package Kaizen pasta cooked according to package instructions then drained
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 package Daring Cajun "Chicken"
- ½ medium yellow onion thinly sliced
- 3 large handfuls fresh baby spinach
- ½ pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce see post for suggestions
- ½ jar Primal Kitchen Alfredo sauce
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan for topping dairy-free if plant-based, we use Violife
- Flaky sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper for topping
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
- Heat the oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium high heat. Once hot, cook the "chicken" according to package instructions (if using animal-based chicken, cook for 3-4 minutes per side until crispy).
- Add in the onion and cook for 4-5 minutes until softened before adding in the spinach, cherry tomatoes, and spices. Cook just until the spinach is wilted then add in the hot sauce and alfredo sauce. Stir to combine.
- Gently fold in the pasta. To serve, top with parmesan, salt, and pepper≥