This Blueberry Hot Fudge Cake is absolutely decadent while being totally plant-based, low-carb, and ready in just minutes. Grab some ice cream and a spoon and dig in!
THis Blueberry Hot Fudge Cake is SPONSORED BY OUR FRIENDS AT BOB’S RED MILL.
We're not sure what's better than a chocolate cake with a molten center. It's one of our absolute favorite desserts but this Blueberry Hot Fudge Cake version may just be our best creation yet.
We have a lava cake of sorts already published here on CIK but we thought it was time for a plant-based version with a summer spin. Blueberries and chocolate are one of our favorite fruit/chocolate combos. We typically make this luscious blueberry chocolate pie each summer but this cake may just be our new go-to.
Since this cake doesn't contain eggs, it's even easier to get that ultra gooey center we all love so much as you can underbake the cake as much as you want. We found that 25 minutes is the perfect amount of time for us. 25 minutes yielded a crunchy top and set sides with a molten center that goes perfect with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
To get the perfect texture, we went with one of our favorite flour combos, Bob's Red Mill Super Fine Almond Flour, Organic Coconut Flour, and Organic Brown Flaxseed Meal. Using both the almond flour and coconut flour together is one of our best tricks to mimic all-purpose flour. The flaxseed makes a perfect egg replacer lending an extra fudgy component to the cake.
If you're wondering if you can use another fruit, we bet this would be equally as awesome with any type of berry. Blackberry is next on our list! Or even maybe a medley of blueberry, raspberry, and blackberry! That sounds just perfect and the best of
both all worlds!
If you give this recipe a try, be sure to tag @castiron_keto and @bobsredmill on Instagram!
Blueberry Hot Fudge Cake
- 1 ¼ cups Bob's Red Mill Super-Fine Almond Flour
- 3 tablespoons Bob's Red Mill Organic Coconut Flour
- 1 cup brown erythritol
- ⅔ cup cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons Bob's Red Mill Organic Brown Flaxseed Meal + 5 tablespoons warm water
- ⅓ cup melted butter dairy-free if plant-based
- ¼ cup unsweetened plain almond milk
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup sugar-free chocolate chips dairy-free if plant-based
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- In a large bowl, mix together all of the ingredients except the blueberries and chocolate chips until smooth.
- Fold in the blueberries and chocolate chips and transfer the batter to an 8" cast-iron skillet or baking dish. Carefully transfer to the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until the top and edges are set but the center is still uncooked.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.