Indulge your sweet tooth while staying on track with this Blueberry Hot Fudge Cake! Packed with wholesome ingredients and bursting with rich flavors, this delectable treat is sure to satisfy your cravings.
This Blueberry Hot Fudge Cake is SPONSORED BY OUR FRIENDS AT BOB’S RED MILL.
To get the perfect texture, we went with one of our favorite flour combos, Bob's Red Mill Super Fine Almond Flour, Organic Coconut Flour, and Organic Brown Flaxseed Meal. Using both almond flour and coconut flour together is one of our best tricks to mimic all-purpose flour. The flaxseed makes a perfect egg replacer lending an extra fudgy component to the cake.
- Preparation and cooking overview
- Chef's note
- Ingredients for this blueberry hot fudge cake recipe
- Ingredient substitutions
- Additional ingredients
- Cooking tools required
- Tools substitute options
- How to make Blueberry Hot Fudge Cake: step-by-step guide
- Cooking methods
- Cooking instructions
- How to make it healthier
- Time-saving tips
- What can I prepare ahead of time?
- Storage and reheating instructions
- Leftover storage
- Leftover reheating methods and best practices
- Recipe wrap-up and conclusion
- Frequently asked questions
- 📖 Recipe
Preparation and cooking overview
Create this delectable keto dessert by mixing the dry ingredients together, combining them with the wet ingredients and blueberries, pouring the batter into a cast-iron skillet, adding a cocoa mixture on top, and baking until the cake sets. The total preparation and cooking time for this recipe is approximately 20-25 minutes.
Creating keto alternatives for your favorite desserts opens up a world of culinary creativity while keeping your health goals in mind. For this keto dessert, feel free to experiment with different berries or add a sprinkle of chopped nuts for extra texture. Remember to let the cake cool slightly before serving, as it will allow the flavors to develop and the texture to set. Enjoy the awesomeness of indulging in a guilt-free treat that nourishes your body and satisfies your sweet tooth!
Ingredients for this blueberry hot fudge cake recipe
Cooking tools required
To make this Blueberry Hot Fudge Cake recipe, you'll need the following tools:
Tools substitute options
How to make Blueberry Hot Fudge Cake: step-by-step guide
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, sweetener, baking powder, and salt.
- Add in the egg, heavy cream, and vanilla extract and mix until just combined.
- Stir in the blueberries.
- In a cast-iron skillet, melt the butter over medium-low heat.
- Pour the batter into the skillet and smooth the top with a spatula.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cocoa powder, sweetener, and boiling water.
- Pour the cocoa mixture over the top of the batter into the skillet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cake is set.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, or cream cheese, if desired.
Chef's pro tip
A common mistake when making this recipe is overbaking! To prevent this, keep a close eye on the cake towards the end of the recommended baking time. Insert a toothpick into the center, and if it comes out with a few moist crumbs clinging to it, the cake is perfectly done. Remember, it will continue to cook slightly as it cools, so removing it from the oven at the right moment ensures a moist and tender keto dessert that will leave everyone wanting seconds.
How to make it healthier
To make this recipe even healthier, you can try the following tips:
What can I prepare ahead of time?
Storage and reheating instructions
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Leftover reheating methods and best practices
To reheat leftovers, microwave for 30-60 seconds until warm or bake in the oven at 350°F for 5-10 minutes.
Recipe wrap-up and conclusion
In conclusion, the Blueberry Hot Fudge Cake is the ultimate dessert that combines the perfect harmony of blueberries and chocolate. This easy-to-make treat will leave you in pure bliss with its moist and tender texture. Elevate the experience by serving it warm alongside fluffy whipped cream or a generous scoop of creamy vanilla ice cream. Whether you're following a low-carb or keto lifestyle, this dessert is a delightful indulgence that will satisfy your sweet cravings without compromising on taste. Get ready to dive into a cozy and heavenly dessert experience that will have you coming back for more!
If you give this recipe a try, be sure to tag @castiron_keto and @bobsredmill on Instagram!
Frequently asked questions
Blueberry Hot Fudge Cake
- 1 ¼ cups Bob's Red Mill Super-Fine Almond Flour
- 3 tablespoons Bob's Red Mill Organic Coconut Flour
- 1 cup brown erythritol
- ⅔ cup cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons Bob's Red Mill Organic Brown Flaxseed Meal + 5 tablespoons warm water
- ⅓ cup melted butter dairy-free if plant-based
- ¼ cup unsweetened plain almond milk
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup sugar-free chocolate chips dairy-free if plant-based
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- In a large bowl, mix together all of the ingredients except the blueberries and chocolate chips until smooth.
- Fold in the blueberries and chocolate chips and transfer the batter to an 8" cast-iron skillet or baking dish. Carefully transfer to the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until the top and edges are set but the center is still uncooked.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Wow! This is phenomenal! Super blend of melting gooeyness and flavor! Doesn’t even need that scoop of vanilla ice cream! This recipe will definitely go in my “repeat offender” catalog!
Cast Iron Keto says
So glad you enjoyed it, it's definitely in our repeat offender folder too 😂