Ready to amp up your keto lifestyle with a mouthwatering, colorful dish? We've got the perfect recipe for a Keto Cajun Chicken Salad, guaranteed to make your taste buds dance and your body say, "Thank you!". We love this recipe for low-carb buns, and pictured is this packaged bun mix that we really enjoy, but you can make this recipe as salad and enjoy a hearty bowl for lunch or dinner!
We've taken juicy chicken breast, seasoned it with a smoky, fiery cajun seasoning, and seared it to perfection. Next, we toss this blackened beauty with an array of fresh, vibrant veggies and a tangy, homemade dressing that will make you forget all about store-bought varieties. This salad is a rainbow in a bowl, loaded with textures and flavors that will delight your senses. Best of all, it's keto-friendly, keeping you on track with your health goals without sacrificing taste.
- Preparation and cooking overview
- Chef's note
- 🥪Ingredients for this keto cajun chicken salad recipe
- Ingredient substitutions
- Cooking tools required
- Tools substitute options
- How to make Keto Cajun Chicken Salad: step-by-step guide
- Cooking methods
- Preparation steps
- Cooking instructions
- How to make it healthier
- Time-saving tips
- What can I prepare ahead of time?
- Storage instructions
- Recipe wrap-up and conclusion
- Frequently asked questions
- 📖 Recipe
Preparation and cooking overview
Whipping up this Keto Cajun Chicken Salad is as easy as 1-2-3! Start by seasoning your chicken with some Cajun magic, then sear it to lock in all those spicy flavors. In less than 30 minutes, you'll be diving into a bowl of this zesty, vibrant salad, proving that nutritious meals can be quick, simple, and absolutely delicious!
Don't be afraid to get creative with this recipe! The beauty of a salad like this Keto Cajun Chicken Salad is its versatility. You can easily swap in your favorite keto-friendly veggies, try a different protein, or adjust the spiciness of the Cajun seasoning to suit your palate.
🥪Ingredients for this keto cajun chicken salad recipe
We can definitely introduce some more keto-friendly alternatives to add variety to your Keto Cajun Chicken Salad:
Remember, the goal is to create a meal that you'll truly enjoy while sticking to your keto goals. So, feel free to experiment with different ingredients until you find your perfect combo!
Cooking tools required
To make this Keto Cajun Chicken Salad recipe, you'll need the following tools:
Tools substitute options
How to make Keto Cajun Chicken Salad: step-by-step guide
- Prep the chicken: Take your chicken breast and season it liberally with the Cajun seasoning. Make sure it's well-coated for maximum flavor.
- Prepare the veggies: Dice your celery, shred or julienne your carrots (or radishes), chop your scallions (or chives), red onion, red bell pepper (or jalapenos or zucchini), and mince your cilantro.
- Sear the chicken: Heat your avocado oil in a large cast-iron skillet (or any heavy-bottomed pan) over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, add the chicken to the skillet. Sear it for about 4-5 minutes on each side until it's beautifully blackened and cooked through.
- Cool and chop: Once your chicken is cooked, remove it from the skillet and let it cool for a bit. Then, chop it into bite-sized pieces.
- Mix your salad: In a large bowl, add your chopped chicken, prepared veggies, and the rest of your ingredients: apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, mayo, and salt and pepper to taste. Give it a good mix until everything is well combined.
- Chill: If you're not serving immediately, place your salad in an airtight container and refrigerate until ready to serve. This also gives the flavors time to meld together for an even tastier salad!
Chef's pro tip
When it comes to our Keto Cajun Chicken Salad, the key to success lies in that sizzling sear on the chicken. One common pitfall we've noticed is the temptation to flip the chicken too soon. Be patient and let that chicken sear uninterrupted for those 4-5 minutes on each side. This will ensure a beautiful, flavorful crust that will elevate your salad to new heights.
How to make it healthier
What can I prepare ahead of time?
Remember, always make sure to check your salad before eating. If it smells off, or you see any signs of spoilage, it's best to err on the side of caution and discard it. Enjoy your meal prep and those delicious bites of Keto Cajun Chicken Salad!
Recipe wrap-up and conclusion
Well, there you have it, folks - your very own Keto Cajun Chicken Salad, packed to the brim with bold flavors, vibrant colors, and all the good-for-you ingredients your body craves. We told you it would be a blast to make! This dish is proof that a healthy, keto-friendly lifestyle doesn't mean saying goodbye to taste and fun in the kitchen. So pat yourself on the back, grab a fork, and dive right into that bowl of Cajun-spiced deliciousness. You've earned it!
Frequently asked questions
Blackened Chicken Salad
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- ⅔ cup mayo
- ½ cup stalk celery diced
- ½ cup carrot shredded or julienned
- ½ cup chopped scallion
- ½ cup diced red onion
- ½ red bell pepper chopped
- ¼ cup minced cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Season chicken with cajun spices. Heat the oil in a large 10.5” cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Sear the chicken 4-5 minutes per side until blackened and cooked through. Remove, chop into bite-sized pieces and place in a bowl with the remaining ingredients. Season to taste.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container until ready to serve.